Two year anniversary for Dumpcast/TOSEC

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Two year anniversary for Dumpcast/TOSEC

Post by Maddog »

I don't know if anyone noticed the new dats in the front page (Darc didn't update the forum post) but I'd like to point out that this release marks the 2 year anniversary of the Dumpcast/TOSEC GDI project.

The 2nd year was almost as good, productivity-wise, as the first one and the project still goes on strong. We have gone from 432 to 717 verified dumps (=minimum of 2 identical dumps from different dumpers and using different discs), which amounts to almost one new disc added daily for 2 yrs! For anyone that is interested, the verifieds amount to about 400GB of data.
Here's the 2 year stats:
US games: 191/247 verified (77%)
PAL games: 210/216 verified (97%, excluding country-specific variants)
Western releases (=either PAL or US having at least one version verified) : 258/271 (95%)

As you can see, we are almost there on completing the PAL and Western releases and there's also a very healthy chunk of US games plus most of the best Japanese stuff verified. :D
I seriously hope people are enjoying the dats. :wink:

Several people have helped the project grow by submitting from one up to several hundred dumps. Listing alphabetically (new people for the 2nd year listed in italics-welcome aboard!) :
Ackmed
Ape
AvS
Az_bont
BB Hood
Darcagn
Executter
Fackue
FamilyGuy
Hotaru
Kirk
Nologic
NU-NRG
Pitsunami
Quzar
Ripper006
R00n5t3r
Shoometsu
Snakemeat
Vigi
Xzyx987X

We thank each and every one of you!

Also thanks go to BoboPJ64 and Yuki from Underground Gamer. While they didn't submit any dumps directly to the team, they helped verify several by posting the needed information along with their torrents. Same for the MAME team, whose CHDs are useful as verification material for the NAOMI dats (excluding the occasional bad dump...)

Hope the 3rd year will be as good as the previous two. Targets I'd like to see accomplished are exceeding 1000 verified dumps and completing the PAL and Western releases, maybe the US too.
Stay tuned! :D :D :D