One year anniversary for Dumpcast/TOSEC effort

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

One year anniversary for Dumpcast/TOSEC effort

Post by Maddog »

It's been exactly one year since TOSEC and Dumpcast started doing GDI dumps and dats together.

I think the collaboration has been a massive success and we have a good reason to celebrate.
We have managed to verify (=minimum 2 identical dumps from 2 different persons) 432 discs, which means we did more than 1 disc daily and the total filesize of the verified games is about 234 GB zipped, making it one of the largest datfiles in TOSEC.

Of course none of this would have been possible without the efforts of several people. So, listing alphabetically, I'd like to thank the following for helping add from one to a couple of hundred discs in the dats:
Ackmed
Ape
Az_bont
BB Hood
Darcagn
Executter
Fackue
Hotaru
Nologic
NU-NRG
Quzar
Shoometsu
Snakemeat
Also thanks should go to BoboPJ64 and Yuki from Underground Gamer. While they didn't submit any dumps directly to the team, they helped verify several by posting the needed information and checksums along with their torrents.

Double extra massive thanks should go to Ackmed, since nothing could have been accomplished without his development of the wonderful httpd-ack dumping program.

Here's to a successful 2nd year! Cheers everyone! :D :D :D

PS: for those that like this kind of stuff, here are the 1 year stats:
USA: 163/247 individual titles verified (66%)
PAL: 132/216 individual titles verified (61%)
Western releases: 223/271 individual titles verified (82%)
NetSphereEngineer

Post by NetSphereEngineer »

Thanks a lot guys! there is no words to describe what you guys did!
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

Oh for Darc's part I would hanker to say "Dumpster Diving Champ".

Maddog -

Please remove my nick from that list as I know good and damn well that you are not thankful...some how being told to "go fuck a duck"...doesn't strike me as thankful at all.

Further I'd say the whole thing has been far less than a success...the USA set should have been completed five months ago or so...but some folks are just lazy and unable to keep their word...isn't that right?