got some originals not in tosec data base

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

1nick9

got some originals not in tosec data base

Post by 1nick9 »

ive got some originals that i've dumped myself that arent in the tosec data base. one is the christmas seaman rest are jap games already in data base but dont match checksums on some tracks with multiple dumps over different consoles leading me to think they different ring code version. what do i have to do to help contribute to this project???

cheers
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Re: got some originals not in tosec data base

Post by darcagn »

Hey there, glad to see that you are willing to help out with the project!

All you need to do is make posts in the appropriate region forums for your GD-ROMs. Search for the game's title and if there is already a topic for it, go ahead and post in that topic; if not, you can make a new topic.

Check out this topic for an example post.

Let me know if there's anything you're confused about or that I can help you with.
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 »

sweet sorry for late reply will get to it asap just been busy. just wondering where do u pull the ring code off the disc?? sounds like a noob question but just wanna make sure got it right. figure just on the ring of gd. if not too much trouble provide a pic of disc and the ring code as text so clear. also barcode safe to say that off the case? (my copy of d2 came no case so cant get that one and diff checksums on multi dumps with different methods and consoles each all the same checksum so cant provide that). also box id just get that from header info as product number??

sorry for the few questions just want to make sure i make a valid addition to this fine dat file.

once i got my questions cleared up i will redump 3times min over sd dumper and bba (prefer sd dumper as i find httpack drops out sometimes and have to start dump of track again) and only provide if checksums all match across diff dumps

cheers and happy to help out with this project
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 »

just had a crack anyway. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1757 this look like its done right?? will process the other ring code games i have if this is done right..

cheers
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1758
this one right too? only 2 discs not any dumps of in tosec. rest different ring codes
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Those look correct. Thanks for your contributions! :)
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 »

sweet as then will get cracking on other 4 games ive got that checksums dont match up. turns out my jap d2 i have the case so can get all info for that was thinking of my d2 usa copy which just got as discs.