What's the ring code for...

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

What's the ring code for...

Post by atreyu187 »

NBA 2K for NTSC-J? I have a "Not for Resale" copy I want to dump but I know it is verified and didn't want to dump an already verified game like we wound up doing with Sonic Adventure "Not for Resale".
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Re: What's the ring code for...

Post by Maddog »

Known ringcode for NBA 2K is HDR-0069-0341 2.
If yours is "no resale" dump it since current dumps come from the retail version. Even if it proves identical (very likely) I can still add that info to the database.

As for Sonic Adventure No Resale, even though data proved identical, it was a different track02.raw and allowed us to verify another variant. So it wasn't totally uselss.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Ok dumping it now, also just purchased all the 2K2 NTSC-J games as well as a few of the missing 2K1 games. Going to dump the not for resale now and at least post hashes. And I didn't know Sonic had a different track02 as I thought it was a dupe of the normal one so I am glad I bought it then.

Edit

Just checked ring code is almost identical, it ends with a 1 not a 2 but otherwise the same. Hashes incoming.

RE-EDIT

Hashes posted and uploading to UG now. And this is another "Sample" copy like my dump of NFL 2K1 NTSC-J not a "not for Resale" disc that came with systems as a pack in disc as it does still have a UPC barcode.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

The 2K2 japanese versions are pretty rare and so far noone has ever dumped them.
World Series Baseball 2K1 is verified and I own NBA 2K1 (still unverified). Hope this helps...
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Is NFL2K1 verified after my dump of the disc. And I just purchased NBA 2K1 so we can verify that.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Yes, it's verified.
Good news on NBA 2K1. :)