How do I see the list of missing games using DAT files?

This forum is for discussing Dumpcast or the TOSEC project itself. Post suggestions or ask questions about the project or the website here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

How do I see the list of missing games using DAT files?

Post by atreyu187 »

Just what the topic says. I want to find out what's missing in the usa set. Also find out what imports I can help with as well. Sorry don't know much about emulation I never actually played in the game s except on my actual system. I just think the preservation of a system is very important as I'm sure most of you here do as well because it's not about piracy but preservation.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

You can't use a dat to examine data that is not in it, so there's no way it can tell you about games that are not verified and therefore not entered in the dat. Dats can only be used to compare data (games...) you have in your HDD to what's potentially available in a verified set. Hope my reply makes sense, I have difficulty describing it myself. I can give more verbose example if you wish, just ask again. :)

I am actively working on preparing my "database" of Excel files so that they can be shared with other dumpers in a meaningful way (ie, readable by anyone that's not me). They contain all necessary info (games that are verified and games that are unverified). Anything not in there, we don't have even a single dump. This is massive work, but I expect you can have them by next week at most. Give me a little time. :)
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Got what you said and I understand. I can also wait I am in no hurry as I know I have some games that need to be dumped still that I know about.