by ScummVM Team
|Systems Emulated||Classic games by|
Vision, and more!
|Best Available Emulator
For this system(s)?
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Among the systems on which you can play those games are regular desktop computers (running Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, ...), game consoles (Dreamcast, Nintendo DS & Wii, PS2, PSP, ...), smartphones (Android, iPhone, PocketPC, Symbian ...), and more.
Controller Action → Keyboard/Mouse Action
- A → Left mouse button
- B → Right mouse button
- Y → Spacebar
- X → 5
- X+Dpad → 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Dpad → Slow mouse movement, virtual keyboard movement
- Analog Stick → Fast mouse movement
- L → Virtual keyboard toggle
- Start → F5
v1.2.0, and up.
The easy way;
- Place all your required files for game 'n' in it's own folder. Where 'n' is the name of the game.
- Using a desktop port such as the Windows, Linux, or Mac OSX, add that game folder through the main ScummVM menu.
- Exit the launcher, and locate the scummvm.ini. It is created by default in these locations.
- Strip down all entry lines for the game, except these three → gameid, path, and description.
[drascula] gameid=drascula description=Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back (DOS/English) path=C:\Drascula\
[myst-win] gameid=mohawk description=Myst (Windows/English) path=C:\Myst95\
- Now change the 'path' variable to reflect the path where it'll be located on the disc. (ie - "path=FullThrottle" would be a sub-directory named "FullThrottle" located in the root of the cd-r structure)
- Leave the 'cd' root off the paths. (ie - Do NOT use "path=cd\Full Throttle")
- 1. If you find ANY issues while playing supported games, please report the issues to the bug-tracker!
- 2. If you do not do the above (ie - posting bug in the forums), your problem will never be officially acknowledged by the developers.
- Possible audio lag in "cdda" enabled versions of games.
- Possible voice lag in the "talkie" versions of games.
- Due to system requirements these games aren't compatible, or are only partially compatible.
- The Curse of Monkey Island
- The Dig
- Full Throttle
- 1.4.1 - Plain Files - 01/27/2012
- 1.4.1 - Nero A-Q Demos - 01/27/2012
- 1.4.1 - Nero R-Z Demos - 01/27/2012
- Buildbot - Plain Files
Tools for game specific compression, extraction, etc.