Getting a new 360

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Getting a new 360

Post by Luriden »

My plan originally was to buy an original Xbox for my brother and mod it for his Christmas present. However, I decided I'm going to give him my 360, buy Halo 3 for him, and buy an Elite with my next paycheck this Friday.

However, I have close to 30 full version XBLA games, as well as expansions and crap. Is there any way to transfer this stuff to the Elite? I've heard some people say yes, some people say yes but you have to be online to play them, and some say it's not possible at all.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: Getting a new 360

Post by toastman »

Recover your gamertag and re-download them?
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

toastman wrote:Recover your gamertag and re-download them?
I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, can anyone confirm it? I'm pretty sure I tried this on a friend's Xbox 360 before and was only able to download trials.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I know when I got a new console all of my stuff stayed the same. However I did keep the same HD. I would say if you recover your gamertag you could probably redownload them.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Don't you have to buy a transfer cable to get your shit from the original one to the Elite? I've seen them around the place on the net, but I don't have an Elite so I have no idea.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Hasney wrote:
Luriden wrote:
I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, can anyone confirm it? I'm pretty sure I tried this on a friend's Xbox 360 before and was only able to download trials.
It does work, I've done it myself.

Remember though, with a new 360, to play any pre-paid content you must be signed into Live with the gamertag that bought them anytime you want to play them...
Anything bought with your Gamertag is linked withb it, so it is possible.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I thought the Elite came with a transfer cable. Maybe it was the new 120 GB HDD?
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Luriden wrote:
It does work however you have to be signed online to play all the content you've redownload. If you want your actual data to work offline you have to get a data transfer cable mailed to you from microsoft.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

RMD wrote:
Luriden wrote:
It does work however you have to be signed online to play all the content you've redownload. If you want your actual data to work offline you have to get a data transfer cable mailed to you from microsoft.
What would the data transfer cable do? Would I have to have the 360 that the content was originally purchased on and hook the two of them together?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/syste ... ration.htm

and if for whatever reason your new Xbox doesn't come with a transfer cable you can get a free one from MS

http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/Mi ... erForm.pdf
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Please keep in mind that licenses for downloaded content like Xbox LIVE Arcade games and TV shows from Video Marketplace are tied to your console not your hard drive. The hard drive transfer kit will move all data from your existing 20GB hard drive to your new 20GB or 120 GB hard drive, but due to data security provisions it cannot move the licenses associated with some content. This means that while all of your Xbox LIVE Arcade games and Xbox LIVE Marketplace TV shows will transfer, you will have to be connected to Xbox LIVE (to verify your identity) in order to access that content.This process is permanent—do not transfer your data if you wish to access it while offline.
Meh, looks like even with the transfer cable I'll have to be signed into Live to play them. This kinda sucks, considering I often take my 360 to friends' houses who don't have an internet connection handy.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Didn't it get stolen?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista