Guitar Hero II is damn hard

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Guitar Hero II is damn hard

Post by politoe »

I just got done with playing Normal and I was haveing a bit of trouble pushing the blue button ins some of the fast parts. I decide to try 'Surrender" in hard and that shit is to damn fast for my hands. I tried practiciing with the slowest speeds and its still a bit to get the hang of it. I checked the top guy in the leader boards and I don't know how he could have done that shit.
Wagh
Wagh
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

Yeah. I'm working on getting to hard. Gonna get 5 stars on all the mediums first.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Be nice if the songs were of the original artists.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I'm thinking that when artists see how well GH 1 and 2 did, they might start actually using original recordings, not covers. But I would imagine covers would be much cheaper to pay for than the rights to an artists version of the song.

I wonder how this Rock Band game will pan out. :D

And oh yeah, you want hard? Try Free Bird on Expert. :?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Yeh but it kinda ruins the fact that someone only made this song famous and instead we're giving you a cover that you may or may not have heard of. In my case I don't pay much attention to the music world so exactly 0 of the covers I have actually known ahead of time. Being most of the music is foreign to me I have little desire to play any songs that I don't already know making the game a bit of a let down.

As for difficulty the damn guitar chords aren't properly placed for anyone who hasn't had hand surgery. My pinky will not stretch as far as they want it to.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Skynet wrote:I'm thinking that when artists see how well GH 1 and 2 did, they might start actually using original recordings, not covers. But I would imagine covers would be much cheaper to pay for than the rights to an artists version of the song.
There are a couple of problems with that. The first is that in almost all cases, the rights to the original recordings are controlled by the record companies, not the artists themselves. Unlike with the rights to the composition (which the law requires to be licensed at a particular price), the record company can set whatever price they want or simply decide not to license the recordings. The second problem is that they need the individual instrument tracks to be able to mute the guitar when you screw up. Neither of these is a problem with getting a band to do a new recording of one of their own songs, but that would still be a different recording.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I bought Guitar Hero II with a wireless controller, played it for about two hours, and then returned the controller and sold the game. Even on easy, it was just way too hard for me to do. I could never play a guitar in real life.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Skynet wrote:I'm thinking that when artists see how well GH 1 and 2 did, they might start actually using original recordings, not covers. But I would imagine covers would be much cheaper to pay for than the rights to an artists version of the song.
There are a couple of problems with that. The first is that in almost all cases, the rights to the original recordings are controlled by the record companies, not the artists themselves. Unlike with the rights to the composition (which the law requires to be licensed at a particular price), the record company can set whatever price they want or simply decide not to license the recordings. The second problem is that they need the individual instrument tracks to be able to mute the guitar when you screw up. Neither of these is a problem with getting a band to do a new recording of one of their own songs, but that would still be a different recording.
I know all that, but here's hoping. :P It's my understanding that all the bonus songs are done by the artists themselves, even though they're not major recording artists like the ones in the main song list.

politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

melancholy wrote:I bought Guitar Hero II with a wireless controller, played it for about two hours, and then returned the controller and sold the game. Even on easy, it was just way too hard for me to do. I could never play a guitar in real life.
That sucks that you didn't like it. I'm addicted to this game.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The fact that they included bass into GH2 makes it even more awesome. :D

Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Does the 360 version include online multiplayer?
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

nope no online multiplayer just a scoreboard.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

The different difficultly levels are infuriating. The jump from medium to hard is ridiculous. Not only is it faster, but then they throw another note in. It took me a while to get used to it. Hammer ups and the like really help though.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Expert is impossible in GH2. Too much of a jump from Hard to Expert..... Hard is far too easy, and Expert is far too hard.

Its either I'm bored out of my skull, or infuriated. There doesn't seem to be an in between.

Oh and Skynet, you want hard? Jordan on expert. Freebird is peanuts compared to it.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Am I the only one that doesnt feel its that hard? You just start on the orange note with your pinky because you hit it the least and then use the other fingers up to red. You simply slide your index to the green. I always thought it was you started on green but that makes hitting organge impossably hard as the pinky isnt the flexiable.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Oh and Skynet, you want hard? Jordan on expert. Freebird is peanuts compared to it.
Well either way I can't play Freebird, so.... :P

Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

RMD wrote:Am I the only one that doesnt feel its that hard? You just start on the orange note with your pinky because you hit it the least and then use the other fingers up to red. You simply slide your index to the green. I always thought it was you started on green but that makes hitting organge impossably hard as the pinky isnt the flexiable.
I played the demo at Best Buy and it seemed pretty easy. Of course it was an easy difficulty, and it was STP which I heard was easy anyway, but I caught on right away. Then again, not to brag, I'm really good at rhythm games. It's really the only genre (is that a genre?) that I'm actually decent with.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

I can't play the game at all. My fiance sits there and is on the expect difficulty right now, I honestly don't see how people can play that game. Here I am able to whoop up on most games, but this one is just.......no, not gonna happen. :lol:
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmm... I just barely squeezed my way through Medium difficulty and will make the jump to hard within the next couple days.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista