80's Glam Metal

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

80's Glam Metal

Post by JKKDARK »

What's wrong with this era of music? rock is about partying and having a good time, not depressing you or making you fall in love and get a mortgage :x
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

What the hell? :wtf:
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Alternative/Grunge came along and made it all look embaressing.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Re: 80's Glam Metal

Post by Vlad Tepes »

JKKDARK wrote:What's wrong with this era of music?
There's nothing wrong with that era. I love 80's metal...Maiden, Priest, and Queensryche are some of my favorite bands. That doesn't mean I can't like other kinds of music.
JKKDARK wrote: rock is about partying and having a good time, not depressing you or making you fall in love and get a mortgage :x
Rock can be about partying and having a good time, but it can also be about aggression, perceptions, politics, the weather, traffic lights, or even beavers (Primus...he he). Here's my take on love songs: There have been billions of love songs written, and most of them have had the same themes and ideas. There's a universe full of things to write music about, and IMO...anybody who writes about love has either exhaused their creative ideas or is trying to make a quick buck.
Specially Cork

Re: 80's Glam Metal

Post by Specially Cork »

JKKDARK wrote:What's wrong with this era of music?
Nothing, but its a past era of music. There are plenty of people on this forum who had a very brief experience of the 80s, or possibly no experience at all. While that is no reason to crap over the genre, you can't expect them obsess over it either.
JKKDARK wrote:rock is about partying and having a good time, not depressing you or making you fall in love and get a mortgage :x
I go to modern rock clubs and gigs on a regular basis and have a great time. Your views on modern-rock are pretty assumptive generalisations.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Ratt, Poison, Dokken, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot <3
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Todays youth are clearly corrupted by the lack of totally sweet guitar solos.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Ex-Cyber wrote:Todays youth are clearly corrupted by the lack of totally sweet guitar solos.
I love you.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Ex-Cyber wrote:Todays youth are clearly corrupted by the lack of totally sweet guitar solos.
I suppose. I personally tire of everyone with a guitar breaking out into Jimi Hendrix style solos. I think that's why I was so drawn into punk rock. It was so raw and so different from progressive rock.

Strangely, punk rock and progressive rock are my two favourite types of rock music.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I hate most guitar. Most of it just sounds like the same old shit over and over again. Not saying I do not enjoy it, I just usually like something diffrent mixed in with my music. Also, I dislike 80s glam rock a lot mainly becuase it is personally annoying to listen to. Not saying I'm trying to change your opnion on music I just dislike it as a whole.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I think most of the music from this era was badly produced to me. Guns 'n' Roses I can bear because they are quite talented, but stuff like Poison or Bon Jovi - ugh.

- Fuzmeister
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Glam metal had it's place, but the real metal talent of the eighties was in thrash and death. Give me D.R.I. and Morbid Angel over Poison and Ratt any day of the week.
Last edited by CupNoodle on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

S. Thompson wrote:I think most of the music from this era was badly produced to me. Guns 'n' Roses I can bear because they are quite talented, but stuff like Poison or Bon Jovi - ugh.

- Fuzmeister
How many successful albums GNR did? Only two, of course. They don't make an album with new material since 1991, and even most of the original members aren't in the band and the actual members suck on the concerts.
Bon Jovi sold more than 50 million albums in the 80's, how can you say they aren't talented? Then what's GNR who only sold 25 million?
I believe you should go to GNR, Poison and Bon Jovi concerts this year and you will see how GNR is a shit. Axl's voice is not like the old days; but Bret Michaels's voice is still kicking ass, you should check when he's singing songs like Every Rose Has It's Thorn.
Oh also what's wrong with Glam Metal artists being hot? Are you mad because these guys got the best girls like Pamela Anderson?
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

JKKDARK wrote:
S. Thompson wrote:I think most of the music from this era was badly produced to me. Guns 'n' Roses I can bear because they are quite talented, but stuff like Poison or Bon Jovi - ugh.

- Fuzmeister
How many successful albums GNR did? Only two, of course. They don't make an album with new material since 1991, and even most of the original members aren't in the band and the actual members suck on the concerts.
Bon Jovi sold more than 50 million albums in the 80's, how can you say they aren't talented? Then what's GNR who only sold 25 million?
I believe you should go to GNR, Poison and Bon Jovi concerts this year and you will see how GNR is a shit. Axl's voice is not like the old days; but Bret Michaels's voice is still kicking ass, you should check when he's singing songs like Every Rose Has It's Thorn.
Oh also what's wrong with Glam Metal artists being hot? Are you mad because these guys got the best girls like Pamela Anderson?

haha, Pamela Anderson is a "best girl"?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

70's > 80's as far as rock music goes. End of story.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I wouldn't stick my genitals anywhere near Pamela Anderson. Eww.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

BoneyCork wrote:I wouldn't stick my genitals anywhere near Pamela Anderson. Eww.
She's cleaner than most celebrities.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

JKKDARK wrote: Bon Jovi sold more than 50 million albums in the 80's, how can you say they aren't talented? Then what's GNR who only sold 25 million?
Britney Spears has sold more than 76 million records, how can you say she's not talented?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

ace wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:I wouldn't stick my genitals anywhere near Pamela Anderson. Eww.
She's cleaner than most celebrities.
I wasn't referring to that. I just think she looks disgusting. Fake barbie-doll over-tanned Los Angeles Blonde does nothing for me at all.