I managed to bag a Wii!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I managed to bag a Wii!

Post by Matisfaction »

Wow can't believe it! I got in from work last night and thought I'd check out Amazon.co.uk to order a DVD. While I was there I decided to check on the Wii stuff and couldn't believe my eyes when the site said that they had the Wii in stock :o

With no time to lose I quickly ordered my Wii, checked the main page again and they were sold out again. I have the order confirmation and everything so I've been pretty damn lucky I guess. I get my Wii on Wednesday :D
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Congrats :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Hope its not that Amazon.com customer vote thing. There was a little scam on amazon awhile back (at least the us one) where they was pretty much selling pre-orders for the Wii. They would then randomly draw names when Wii's came in and ship them to that person. So basically you could wait a year before getting one in that case.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Veggita2099 wrote:Hope its not that Amazon.com customer vote thing. There was a little scam on amazon awhile back (at least the us one) where they was pretty much selling pre-orders for the Wii. They would then randomly draw names when Wii's came in and ship them to that person. So basically you could wait a year before getting one in that case.
I hope not as there was no mention of any pre-order bollocks just the usual add to basket and proceed to checkout, as I said before I received the usual Amazon confirmation email with a delivery estimate of Feb 28th - Mar 2nd.

I remember Amazon UK receiving a small Wii shipment that you could just buy straight out just before xmas that opened at a designated time and sold out in five minutes. Hopefully this is a similar kind of thing and I get my Wii next week.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Matisfaction wrote:I remember Amazon UK receiving a small Wii shipment that you could just buy straight out just before xmas that opened at a designated time and sold out in five minutes. Hopefully this is a similar kind of thing and I get my Wii next week.
A few different sites have mentioned that Amazon UK have been periodically selling small quantities of Wii stock since late December.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I picked mine up in Japan in January. Over 300 people queuing for 100 units. Everyone got a ticket and they did a lottery thing. Luckily I got one. Cost me about £100 after tax refund.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I waited all night for mine. Unfortunately it was a very cold night, but it was still fun, and worth it.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I just happened to be at the right place at the right time to secure the two I've gotten (one for me and one for my brother).

My job held one for me back in december and I got the one for my bro a couple weeks back at target.

Truth be told: I still love the console, but the novelty is wearing a tad thin onme at this point. Plus, a guy at work said that both mario galaxy and the smash bros game for the wii have been delayed for a frigging Year!? Bloddy Hell!!!!
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

StupidBrit wrote:I picked mine up in Japan in January. Over 300 people queuing for 100 units. Everyone got a ticket and they did a lottery thing. Luckily I got one. Cost me about £100 after tax refund.
I stupidly thought that i'd be able to walk into any shop and pick one up like I did with the game cube, so I never bothered to pre-order a Wii :oops:

Guess I've been pretty lucky as It looks like the Wii may be sold out for a while. Glad I didn't cave in and pay over the odds for one off ebay (I noticed that the majority of these are imported from Germany and Greece) or Amazon Market place. Looks like i've managed to get a Wii for £179.00 and FREE shipping instead of £300+ and £20 shipping :o
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

for my wii i was in software etc. in a mall and i jokingly asked the manager if he had any wiis and he of course said no as they didnt have any. about 10 minutes later a ups guy came in with some boxes and i joked to the manager saying he brought me a wii, he went in the back and came back out a few minutes later and told me they got 1 wii and asked if i wanted it. i of course said yes.

that is being in the right place at the right time.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Caboose wrote:I waited all night for mine. Unfortunately it was a very cold night, but it was still fun, and worth it.
Me, too.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

What? No one else scored a launch pre-order? I strolled into EB about 11:45pm and walked out at 12:01am with Wii and Zelda in hand. First time I've ever felt the need to purchase on launch day, and it couldn't have gone any better.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

I got mine pre ordered launch day, and I also managed to get my brother in law one for christmas. I only had to wait i line outside for about two hours on the one for my brother in law, But I was the 2nd to last person to get a Wii that day.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

There was a 4 hour line for preorders at Gamestop here. So instead I just waited at Wal-Mart the night of launch. I was in line for 9 hours, but we were indoors and I had a lawn chair, a Subway sandwich, and Phoenix Wright, so the time flew by.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Number Six wrote:What? No one else scored a launch pre-order? I strolled into EB about 11:45pm and walked out at 12:01am with Wii and Zelda in hand. First time I've ever felt the need to purchase on launch day, and it couldn't have gone any better.
Same story here, except replace 12:01 am with 12:20 am (people in front of me were trading in games to pay for their wii).
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

One of my co-workers and I camped outside of Target for 8 hours in the freezing cold. It was really a lot of fun. I was first in line. I took my Wii home, plugged it in, played Sports for about thirty minutes, and then fell asleep on my sofa for the rest of the day.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Hey....my Wii came TODAY! )()( )()( )()( )()(

Pics to follow.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Matisfaction wrote:Hey....my Wii came TODAY! )()( )()( )()( )()(

Pics to follow.
Woozah! I cross between Woo and Huzzah, just for you Mat.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Skynet wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:Hey....my Wii came TODAY! )()( )()( )()( )()(

Pics to follow.
Woozah! I cross between Woo and Huzzah, just for you Mat.
:kiss)

Mee & my Wii

Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Vlad Tepes wrote:One of my co-workers and I camped outside of Target for 8 hours in the freezing cold. It was really a lot of fun. I was first in line. I took my Wii home, plugged it in, played Sports for about thirty minutes, and then fell asleep on my sofa for the rest of the day.
hahaha thats exactly happen to me , i rush to my house to play my new wii and just fell asleep after a few minutes, what i hate about that day is that i burn my wireless router [in my hype of downloading some VC games] because i conect the wrong adaptor.................50 dlls lesson of double checking before conect an adaptor.........