SMB NES Classic, why?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

SMB NES Classic, why?

Post by Nico0020 »

a friend recently told me this and all of a sudden its caught my attention. i dont want to buy one was this game is well emulated and i have the orinigal cart, but why is it going for so much?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/st ... videogames

and on ebay its going for like 50, did they not print many copies? all stores seem to be out of them.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

They're everywhere here, mainly because no one wants to buy NES version of SMB for $30. :?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The NES game is super cheap. I mean you can't pass a flea market vender who isn't trying to sell it for 2 or 3 dollars. IT would be cheaper to buy a entire NES version with a NES then what they want.

I know that game used to be all over the place, but lately I haven't seen too many of the NES series at all actually. I seen today where the local k-mart has Zelda 2 for $10, shoot maybe I outta pick it up and hold onto it for awhile?

Those NES classics was a rip off though. They wanted way too much for a straight port of a old NES game. If they would have included 1 good game and 2 average games per cartridge they might have went somewhere.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

..because most people would rather have the plain Jane thatn te DX model
http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Boy-Color-SUPE ... dZViewItem :lol:
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i have the dx model. i like it, you can actually save your game.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I used to have the DX model when I had a GBC, I loved that game, the replay value of an older game was drastically increased... loved it.

As for why that one is so expensive... is it just that one auction or are all of those versions going for that price? I saw that game on clearance a while ago at Toys R Us....
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I had the DX version and loved it. and when the GBA came out i traded in a lot of my GBC games and my GBC, i got the most money for that game, around 20-25 bucks.

oh well i heart pocketNES :)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea save game support can make or break some of those older games. Rygar would have been a awesome game if you could save your game, but it was WAY too long without any type of save support.

Id have liked Metal Gear a lot better to if you didn't have to write a paragraph every time you wanted to save. I don't know how many times I lost my place because of a bad password.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

One of my little cousins had Super Mario Bros. DX I almost jacked it from them but damn my last minute conscience...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Veggita2099 wrote:Yea save game support can make or break some of those older games. Rygar would have been a awesome game if you could save your game, but it was WAY too long without any type of save support.

Id have liked Metal Gear a lot better to if you didn't have to write a paragraph every time you wanted to save. I don't know how many times I lost my place because of a bad password.
King's Bounty for the Genesis had like a 128 character password. Something like that. It was a good game other than that, also. Too bad.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Damn I got mine for like 7 dollars at EB (after my 10% off) Wonder if I should sell it, and get a flash cart.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:Damn I got mine for like 7 dollars at EB (after my 10% off) Wonder if I should sell it, and get a flash cart.
yes. :)
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

impetus wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote:Damn I got mine for like 7 dollars at EB (after my 10% off) Wonder if I should sell it, and get a flash cart.
How well does the GBA handle SNES emulation, and how do you play without the extra 2 buttons?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
impetus wrote:
How well does the GBA handle SNES emulation, and how do you play without the extra 2 buttons?
A handful of games are fully playable, but the vast majority are not. For the two missing buttons, you hold one of the shoulder buttons together with A or B.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

az_bont wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote:
impetus wrote:
A handful of games are fully playable, but the vast majority are not. For the two missing buttons, you hold one of the shoulder buttons together with A or B.
Now thats just silly.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

well seeing as so many GBA games are just SNES ports )()(
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu