Celestial Mage

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Celestial Mage

Post by uzplayer »

Hey all..

Considering that DC Emulation didnt pick up the release I sent over, and there hasn't been much of an update, I thought I would start an acct and post about Celestial Mage.

Stonewall Interactive is a next gen indie game developer that hasn't forgotten about the roots of things. Their new release, Celestial Mage is proof of that. The company is planning a release for the Dreamcast.

You can download the Win XP demo at http://www.stonewallinteractive.com.

I'll keep you guys informed on the development of things.

- uz.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

That sounds neat. Is the game confirmed for DC or is it just a "possibility"? Ill see if the demo works in Wine, so I can try it...
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

This game is confirmed for the Dreamcast. Stonewall will start porting the game to this system when the WinXP version is complete. I'll post release dates when we get them.

Also, if you encounter any errors or bugs with the game, we want to hear about them. Goto http://www.stonewallinteracitve.com/forums/ and post in the Celestial Mage forum.
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

edited
I've tried the demo. It looks nice but it's pretty much like a homebrew game yet.
Played a bit more. The screen does not refresh well, the rest seems ok
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

Thanks for the feedback.

Right now as we have said it's a demo. The purpose was to show the game to the masses. The final released version will obviously be MUCH higher in quality. :)

On another front, the release isnt really going for the "flashiest" in terms of graphics (although the graphics will be greatly enhanced...), but the best in gameplay. We have one really cool feature coming up with the multiplayer that I am sure everyone is gonna kill for. Stay tuned.

- uzplayer
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

thnks to you. It's allways nice to see new games are coming to a system that it's supposed to be dead ;-)
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Sounds great and I like the idea! Looks really good this far. NIce work!
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

As an independent gaming developer, we will always support the community. :)
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

It's great... I like the music. :wink:

One thing that'd be nice though, is to know how many moves each piece gets before it can't move again. Just a thought for the final release.
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

Hmm? There should be a manual in there under the help feature..
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Hey uz - haven't seen you in a while. Looks like we've both moved on from emulation into Dreamcast, heh.

The game looks nice - I'll post news about it on the front page ASAP.
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

MetaFox wrote:Hey uz - haven't seen you in a while. Looks like we've both moved on from emulation into Dreamcast, heh.

The game looks nice - I'll post news about it on the front page ASAP.
Thanks man. One thing you got wrong I noticed though... You called it "Celestial Maze." It's "Celestial Mage." :)

BTW... Stonewall put out a merchandise line based on Celestial Mage. Show your support and buy today at http://www.stonewallinteractive.com. Release is below:

For Immediate Release

Celestial Mage merchandise line hits cyber-shelves
Which runestone are you? ? Life?s next big question to be answered.

Kissimmee, FL ? September 9, 2005 ? Stonewall Interactive, a premier independent game developer and publisher today unveiled their first line of merchandise based off their highly anticipated puzzle/strategy game, Celestial Mage.

?Were excited to unveil our first line of merchandise,? said Rocky Jalil, President and CEO of Stonewall Interactive. ?As an indie game developer, we want to continue to see the community thrive. We want to see the community to have continued success. The merchandise we created is one way for us to ensure that happens.?

The merchandise line includes t-shirts, mousepads and hats based off the concept artwork of Celestial Mage and it?s theme ? life?s next big question ?which runestone are you?? Elements of the artwork will also be used in the box art for the final release of Celestial Mage.

Since the demo of Celestial Mage was released in August, Stonewall Interactive has been overrun with praise for the game and it?s new spin on an aging genre, with some people calling it ?the most addicting puzzle/strategy game since Tetris.?

Played on a chess-like 3D board, the goal is to clear the board by moving rune stones into combinations of 3 or more; creating scrolls and casting spells to advance to the next round. Each rune stone and scroll however is limited in moves; increasing the challenge.

Celestial Mage free demo is available for Windows XP. Plans include full versions for Windows XP, Pocket PC, Linux, Macintosh System X, Dreamcast, GamePark32 and the Tapwave Zodiac.

For more information, merchandise or to download the demo, please visit the link below:

http://www.stonewallinteractive.com

- 30 -

Note to editors: Merchandise artwork available upon request.

About Stonewall Interactive

Stonewall Interactive is a premiere independent game developer and publisher dedicated to bringing next generation games to mainstream and orphaned systems. In addition to PC/Mac development, Stonewall Interactive also develops games for a variety of orphaned systems including the Dreamcast, GamePark32 and Tapwave Zodiac.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

uzplayer wrote:Thanks man. One thing you got wrong I noticed though... You called it "Celestial Maze." It's "Celestial Mage." :)
Whoops, sorry about that. It's been fixed.
uzplayer wrote:BTW... Stonewall put out a merchandise line based on Celestial Mage. Show your support and buy today at http://www.stonewallinteractive.com.
That mousepad looks mighty nice. I might even pick one up for use at the DreamCon if it Cafepress ships it in time.
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

MF.. Send me an email.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Can't wait to hear more about this :D
Insane homebrew collector.
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

Guys, Update on Celestial Mage. The Windows XP version is released. Press release is below along with links to purchase the game. As a community, I hope you'll keep Stonewall Interactive going. We want to port this to the Dreamcast and we need people to buy the game and keep our development going. Press release is below:

For Immediate Release

Celestial Mage for Windows hits cybershelves

Enter the Dark, Mysterious World of Celestial Mage.

Kissimmee, FL - November 2, 2005 - The most highly-anticipated puzzle/strategy game since Tetris, Celestial Mage for Windows hit cybershelves today.

"We have put a lot of hard work into the game" said Rocky Jalil, President and CEO of Stonewall Interactive. "Gaming is my passion and I want to share that with the rest of the world. Celestial Mage is my way of doing that and introducing the world to a new series of games."

The complete version of Celestial Mage has the following gameplay features enabled:

Regular - Move runestones, create spells and cast them, revealing pieces of the prophecy and advancing to the next level.

Endurance - See how long you can last against re-appearing runestones. As gameplay progresses, runestones keep appearing, increasing the challenge

Time Attack - You have a set amount of time to clear the board. As you get closer and closer to the time limit, clearing the board gets more and more difficult.

Celestial Mage for Windows is available for purchase from the Stonewall Interactive website located at:
http://stonewallinteractive.com/shopsto ... 9677080e62

You can also purchase the game directly from the ZTNet Store located at: http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info. ... cts_id/124.

Visit http://www.stonewallinteractive.com for more information.

- 30 -

Note to editors: Screenshots available upon request

About Stonewall Interactive
Stonewall Interactive is a premiere independent game developer and publisher dedicated to bringing next generation games to mainstream and orphaned systems. In addition to PC/Mac development, Stonewall Interactive also develops games for a variety of orphaned systems including the Dreamcast, GamePark32 and Tapwave Zodiac.

Thanks for your support!
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i remember seeing this before. looks good cheif.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

Nico0020 wrote:i remember seeing this before. looks good cheif.
Cool.. Then I would buy a copy and support the continued development. :)
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Whenever there is a Dreamcast-version ill buy it asap. Won't buy the XP version though, since I don't have Windows. Btw, why wont you post any screens? Id love to see how the game looks!
uzplayer
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by uzplayer »

I will get screens of the full Windows XP version later on today.