Mario 64 to Come with DS, Free

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mario 64 to Come with DS, Free

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Just read this on Joystiq, and got confirmation from a friend who works at GameStop. Apparently, later this month, Mario 64 will come as a free pack-in with new DS systems. Anyone holding out on the system, here's your excuse to buy.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

As if the PSP needed another kick in the balls.
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Bah! And I had to pay for mine. Oh well, the price you pay to own it half a year ago. Still, I'm keeping mine nice for when I have to trade it in to get a colored one.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

If this is true, then I'm going to definately pick one of these suckers up.

I want one for New Super Mario Bros. badly. All other games are icing on the cake.

New Super Mario Bros. looks groovilicious.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

einbebop44 wrote:As if the PSP needed another kick in the balls.
The PSP got kicked in the balls? It overshadows the DS in every way.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

LOL...

I've been holding out as well, but only because Nintendogs isn't out yet and I also wanted to get Electroplankton. With the news of this pack-in of SM64, I guess it's gonna be a cool summer after all!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BoneyCork wrote:
...Except in sales, and market penetration, and everything else that matters to a business ;)
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

BoneyCork wrote:
See MadFiddler's post for details.
Very sexy hero, omg
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
...Except in sales, and market penetration, and everything else that matters to a business ;)
So now Sony are failing as a business? News to me. I'm sure they are a lot more financially stable than Nintendo will ever be.

Besides, I was talking more about the actual hardware & software rather than the business side of things.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

might want to check your earnings reports. Nintendo, despite being 3rd in terms of console sales, has the highest margin of profit. Even if they stayed in their current place without increasing their market position ever, they'd still be healthy for years to come.

In terms of the PSP: The DS, like the GBA, is made of simple, sturdy, relatively cheap parts, and Nintendo makes a comfortable profit off of each unit sold. The PSP was very expensive both to develop and to produce, and even with the higher price tag Sony is losing money on the system sales, and will be at least for the first year or so until the production cycle makes them cheaper to manufacture.

I'm not stupid, I'm not saying Sony is failing, or that the company is in financial trouble. You don't need to be a genius to figure out where the company's at in that respect. But the simple fact of the matter is that, relatively speaking, Nintendo is by far the most profitable company, and if you look at sales charts, there are a lot more DS's out there than PSPs.

My statement above was made in business terms, so to respond to it in another context wouldn't make much sense. Sony may have more people's attention right now, but in terms of handhelds, Nintendo is both raking in more dough, and has more people actually using its product. And that's not even counting the GBA, which (if I remember correctly) is the best-selling video game system of all time.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

The PSP is cool, but overated. I just found out that only a couple of games are taking advantage of the WIFI. Most games are WIFI -adhoc which means you have to be a certain distance from another player, not just near a wifi thing like star bucks. Oh, and the games I have tried are pretty average, especially the metal gear game which ate my balls. Its amazing how a simple game like pac man pix could be 10x more fun than a metal gear game, but it is. I am sad for sony's handheld. It has a lot of potential, and I hope they use it because it could be an awesome system. But with the DS lineup coming out in oct-nov, I have a feeling the DS is going to mop the floor with the PSP.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
So now Sony are failing as a business? News to me. I'm sure they are a lot more financially stable than Nintendo will ever be.

Besides, I was talking more about the actual hardware & software rather than the business side of things.
The "hardware & software" isn't even the issue, and is actually up for debate. Especially software. No company has survived by just making better products, they survive by making money.
In any industry, you have a very simple metric for determining success at a glance: Profit. The more of that you make, the better your company is doing. Nintendo could be 53rd in terms of sales, but if they are the most profitable company, then they are doing better in the only area that matters.
And actually Sony, as a company entire, is hitting a plateau. Samsung has become a major player in the electronics market and is only getting stronger. Sony may have to stop this 'loss-leader' strategy and focus on getting a better initial ROI out of their Computer Entertainment division.
No signature.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

He never said that Sony ws failing as a business. He said the PSP was losing out to the DS in those categories.
Very sexy hero, omg
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

einbebop44 wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

He never said that Sony ws failing as a business. He said the PSP was losing out to the DS in those categories.
is there a repeat in the house?
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

Random_Troll wrote:is there a repeat in the house?
is there an echo in here :o

:lol:

i think the psp will do better than the ds down under
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

This is good news, and should increase sales of the ds, but it still needs more third party support and more innovative games that utilize the dual screen. As of late, only Sega and Nintendo have....

I like the new blue color of the ds; very nice, and my fav color. What more can you ask for?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

einbebop44 wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

I wrote the post about two hours before I actually clicked submit. Sue me.
Very sexy hero, omg
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

einbebop44 wrote:
einbebop44 wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:

I wrote the post about two hours before I actually clicked submit. Sue me.

talking to yourself?
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I was shocked when I seen Mario 64 on the Nintendo Ds, its a perfect port of the N64 classic! I believe this will make DS sales better. I traded my PSP for a DS, I do enjoy the DS more due to the innovative hardware that nintendo is known for. I liked sony when PS 1 came out now, I am starting to stick with the Elder Giant nintendo. Sony just makes gimmicks that I certainly enjoy, sony fans can have the PSP, I will enjoy my DS for days to come!
Have you played dreamcast today?
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

The PSP is a nice piece of hardware, but it costs too much and there aren't any real killer apps for it yet. I'm sure things will improve for the system, but for now, there isn't a compelling reason that would make me consider it.