I can't get dreamsnes to work at all. I BEG YOU for help!!!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I can't get dreamsnes to work at all. I BEG YOU for help!!!

Post by misterdark »

HELP! I need someone to please help me get some emulators working on my DC. Nothing I'm doing works!!!

To begin with, I apologize for how new I sound. But I've gotten all my emulators to work fine on my PC, but cannot play ANYTHING on my Dreamcast.

Every time I think I get close, it turns out that I burn coasters that make my DC reset or ask for an official disc.

My latest effort was downloading the dsinstaller- you know, the one with the "pike" script and all that? It's supposed to put both the emulator and the roms on the disc, but my DC does the same thing. I followed the instructions exactly and it went just like the tutorial pics showed. Yet, the disc didn't work.

I NEED HELP! Please, I'm ready to cry in frustration. I just need someone to tell me specifically what programs they used, what files went where, etc. I know it's hand holding, but I can't express enough that I'm desperate and I really need the help of someone who can take the time to help me learn what I need to get this stuff running.

Or, in other words, can someone please tell me exactly what YOU did to get programs such as dreamsnes to work for you?

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated. I feel so helpless!!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Curt, thank you. I hadn't yet seen your message and in the meantime did in fact pull off getting this to work but only after slowly following the super-specific instructions in the tutorial section. I had tried it before, but I guess this time I just spent a lot more time doing everything slowly and re-reading several times. Sorry to be such a noob.

I will still look in the link you offered, and appreciate it. My copy of dreamsnes does seem to be working, though slow and chuggy for some games, though I mean not to complain since I gathered that this is to be expected.

My big problem now is nesterdc, which I AM stuck on. This time I was able to burn it but it will not move past the first "selected controllers" screen. I'll keep looking and hopefully not need to bug anyone, but I'm low on discs so if you (or anyone else) does know what went wrong, please, let me know.

Thank you again Curt, your help was appreciated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Use version 6 of NesterDC. or try to press start. In either case, v7 is gay. Just wait a couple months for the SE version.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Hmm, so version 7 isn't that good? (Mine is 7.1 I believe). Yeah, I did try pressing every button I could think of, unplugging the controller, etc. It just stayed on that screen and I left it for ten minutes. Nothing. DC boots up fine, I think I get the SEGA logo, but then it sticks on that very first screen. I will try to do the same thing using v.6, but what is SE?

Thanks for all the help.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

7.1 works just fine for me...
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

misterdark wrote:Hmm, so version 7 isn't that good? (Mine is 7.1 I believe). Yeah, I did try pressing every button I could think of, unplugging the controller, etc. It just stayed on that screen and I left it for ten minutes. Nothing. DC boots up fine, I think I get the SEGA logo, but then it sticks on that very first screen. I will try to do the same thing using v.6,
NDC 7 can have some issues. I tried to burn a sbi of 7 but the controls were fudged, Try NDC6, I think NDC6 has better compatibility than NDC7 too.
misterdark wrote:but what is SE?
Nester DC Special Edition
Smurph wrote:7.1 works just fine for me...
Good for you.
Last edited by Matisfaction on Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

NesterDC 7 has incompatability issues with many games. It would be best to put all three on a disc together (6,7,7.1) to get a better gameplay on many games.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Cool, I didn't know I could do that without complications. I'll give that a shot, thanks for the help!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

misterdark wrote:Cool, I didn't know I could do that without complications. I'll give that a shot, thanks for the help!
If you're going to do that, make sure you're using SBInducer to create your disc. Use this tutorial to learn how to use SBInducer, and make sure you check the DCKB that I linked to in your PM to read up on the compatibility issues with various versions, and with DreamInducer.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Thanks again for the help. I'll try to figure it out, but I'm reaching information overload. I know everyone is just trying to be helpful, it's just that I guess I'm reaching the point where I don't understand all this stuff. I'm at an unfortunate spot where I either need someone to hold my hand and tell me specifically what to do, or send me to the tutorials, which seem like they'd help, but refer to a lot of things I don't get. Again, thanks for the help, I'm not trying to sound like I'm giving up, it's just really confusing. I'll keep trying though.
linus2k3
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by linus2k3 »

misterdark, check your email, you should have exactly what you need to get nester working right. if you still need help, you can email me at either daubbersonville6@yahoo.com or DarkSabinValentine@gmail.com

Dark Savant0 is right about Nester DC 7, it has compatibility issues with certain games, and version 7.1b with lightgun support is no better either. Nester DC version 6 is by far the best one when it comes to compatibility with games. only downfall with that version is that there is no lightgun support, and no game genie, or nnnesterj support.
<am i human or wolf, it is up to you to decide

If you come to me saying you've tried everything, that only tells me that you've tried my stuff also, and it didn't work. so no sense in me helping you. Plain & Simple

misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

I got your mail and will give it a shot linus, thank you. I'm worried though because already this tutorial is exactly the same as one I followed to make a coaster already (frozen controller screen). If you see this before I proceed, can you tell me specifically what should be different about the package you sent me, so I can tell you if I've already tried the same thing? Thanks for your help!
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Try the sbi first. That is the best option. You can get all the versions onto an sbi cd and then just try which

After that, then try placing them on regular data cds as instructed in LyingWake's website. I cant get a link to that right now, but someone should be able to provide it.

If that fails, get a nero or discjuggler file from the dcemu site of nesterdc, and then burn it. Burn a seperate cd with roms. Then you just need to switch cds after nester loads.

Hope I helped.