i love toys r us..

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

i love toys r us..

Post by X525 »

i headed out to Toys'R'Us to go Dreamcast lookin. i dont really know why, i just wanted to look for Tennis 2K2. i knew they would have some in stock, since the last time they had 15 of them just sittin on a shelf. so i go and look for the shelf, nothin. i look for their discount bin they always have, nothin. so i leave the game section and they have this cardboard display with XBox & PS2 games. anythin with a green tag is 50% off. XBox, PS2, and Gamecube games are 'buy 2, get the 3rd free." i look and walk around. and then! JACKPOT! i see a few Dreamcast games.. exactly what i was lookin for. they have the "toys r us" exclusive 2K1 series. that includes NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and World Series Baseball 2K1. they have all three games loosly packed for $9.99. i keep lookin and find Quake 3 for 19.98. more searchin pops up Carrier for 19.99 and Sega Bass Fishing for 4.95. at this point, "i found a few good ones, but not the one i was lookin for." i flip one more and there is Tennis 2K2 for 9.99. my gf comes over and asks me if i'm goin to buy them all. i told her i didnt know, but then she pointed out the best part! they were all 50% off! so i walked out of there with:::
Tennis 2K2 for $4.99
Sega Bass Fishing for $2.49
Carrier for $9.99
in total, less than $20. i think the Tennis and Fishing were great deals, Carrier wasnt too bad as i havent managed to win it off eBay for less. (excludin shippin and handlin). so, here i am at work.. just wantin to fish a lil.. hahaha, i dont know.. i had to. for $2.50, who could pass up a little fishin. now, i'm just waitin for Rez to arrive. i finally won that off eBay, after the 10th attempt.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

You know; I had a very similar experience at a local Toys 'R' Us, with regard to some strangely-peculiar clerk behavior... I had brought the NFL-NBA-WSB 2K1 pack to the register, and I asked about its cost. The clerk said "$20," but it seemed that it was only when I looked to my sister (whom was accompanying me) in uncertainty that she came out and said "Oh. How does '10' sound."

I am sure that it is no mystery or surprise, but, I am guessing that there is no green tag because they are trying to make a profit on them, although they will sell for less if someone asks or seems at all uncertain...

Congratulations on your find, though, and on your successful bid for Rez! :mrgreen:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
MaximumZero
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: i love toys r us..

Post by MaximumZero »

X525 wrote:i see a few Dreamcast games.. exactly what i was lookin for. they have the "toys r us" exclusive 2K1 series. that includes NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and World Series Baseball 2K1. they have all three games loosly packed for $9.99. i keep lookin and find Quake 3 for 19.98. more searchin pops up Carrier for 19.99 and Sega Bass Fishing for 4.95. at this point, "i found a few good ones, but not the one i was lookin for." i flip one more and there is Tennis 2K2 for 9.99. my gf comes over and asks me if i'm goin to buy them all. i told her i didnt know, but then she pointed out the best part! they were all 50% off! so i walked out of there with:::
Tennis 2K2 for $4.99
Carrier for $9.99
in total, less than $20. i think the Tennis and Fishing were great deals, Carrier wasnt too bad as i havent managed to win it off eBay for less. (excludin shippin and handlin). so, here i am at work.. just wantin to fish a lil.. hahaha, i dont know.. i had to. for $2.50, who could pass up a little fishin. now, i'm just waitin for Rez to arrive. i finally won that off eBay, after the 10th attempt.
....I don't see how it's hard to miss the "ALL GREEN TAG ITEMS 50% OFF" sign on the outside of the building, but I digress.

Anywho, I got a copy of Tennis 2K2 for $4.99 from there, like you did, and the 3-game sports pack for $11, and NHL 2K2 for $14.99, I believe. I honestly forget what the exact prices were but they were close to that. Very good deals, in my mind. They also had about 20 copies of Shadow Man on the shelf. I was gonna get one, but I already have it...maybe I'll go clear out the shelf and chuck 'em on eBay or something, I dunno.

I can't flippin' decide if I want to get the fishing game or not. I'm not a fisherman...but on the other hand I'm trying to collect one of every one of the 250 DC games released here in the US....at $2.50 it's hard to pass up...but I'm probably NEVER gonna play the damn thing. :|
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Wow, Toys R' Us in England Sucks Ass, they got rid of all the DC stuff years ago :x
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

were those games pre owned

I think I'll visit toys r us next time I go to states

2nd do all toys r us stores have dreamcast...
MaximumZero
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MaximumZero »

Most should have Dreamcast Games, though don't expect a huge selection. Like I noted, there were about 5 games to pick from: NHL2k2, Tennis 2K2, Shadow Man, a Sega Sports 3-Pack, and Sega Marine Fishing.

And they were factory sealed, brand new.
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by X525 »

all brand-new.. hahaha.. i still have a few Toys R Us to look at :lol:
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

fudge must go to toys r us next time I visit America...
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

My Toys R Us hasn't had DC games for years.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

MetaFox wrote:My Toys R Us hasn't had DC games for years.
Yup neither has mine, last time they had DC games that I remember was at least 3 years ago. They were all NBA2k1 also...
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
cky2k3
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cky2k3 »

Matisfaction wrote:Wow, Toys R' Us in England Sucks Ass, they got rid of all the DC stuff years ago :x
are you kidding? I picked up MSR, virtua tennis, Chu Chu Chu Rocket and PSO for ?15 for the lot from my nearest Toys R' Us that was about a year ago though :(
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

My local Toys R' Us stopped stocking dreamcast games a couple of weeks after V tennis 2 was released :(
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

i havent seen dc games at mine for a loooooooooong time
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: i love toys r us..

Post by Grimlock »

X525 wrote:i headed out to Toys'R'Us to go Dreamcast lookin. i dont really know why, i just wanted to look for Tennis 2K2. i knew they would have some in stock, since the last time they had 15 of them just sittin on a shelf. so i go and look for the shelf, nothin. i look for their discount bin they always have, nothin. so i leave the game section and they have this cardboard display with XBox & PS2 games. anythin with a green tag is 50% off. XBox, PS2, and Gamecube games are 'buy 2, get the 3rd free." i look and walk around. and then! JACKPOT! i see a few Dreamcast games.. exactly what i was lookin for. they have the "toys r us" exclusive 2K1 series. that includes NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and World Series Baseball 2K1. they have all three games loosly packed for $9.99. i keep lookin and find Quake 3 for 19.98. more searchin pops up Carrier for 19.99 and Sega Bass Fishing for 4.95. at this point, "i found a few good ones, but not the one i was lookin for." i flip one more and there is Tennis 2K2 for 9.99. my gf comes over and asks me if i'm goin to buy them all. i told her i didnt know, but then she pointed out the best part! they were all 50% off! so i walked out of there with:::
Tennis 2K2 for $4.99
Carrier for $9.99
You live in Chicago huh? Or do you live in a suburb of it?

Hail Picard!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

yeah there is a toys r us in suburbs of chicago also :roll: do they have it...
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

BILAL_XIA wrote:yeah there is a toys r us in suburbs of chicago also :roll: do they have it...
The reason it might be significant is because the situation hes describing is going on at the only TRU in this whole area. At least within in a 50-60 mile radius. So it's possible the toys r us im referring to is the same one he is.

Hail Picard!
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by X525 »

i live in Chicago, but i was out by Golf Mill and decided to stop in. and IN Chicago, there are only two Toys R Us stores i can think of, but i havent checked either..
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

my relatives live near field stone drive and suggest me the nearest toys r us
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Dude my Toys R us still had sega Saturns in 1999.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Grimlock
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grimlock »

X525 wrote:i live in Chicago, but i was out by Golf Mill and decided to stop in. and IN Chicago, there are only two Toys R Us stores i can think of, but i havent checked either..
HOLY FUCl<ING $HIT!!!!!

Thats the same one!!!! I go there regularly. Hell, i bought the last of their VMUs. Wow, small ass world.

Hail Picard!