The Ascension Of Vigil

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

Once Circa1984 is fixed and people are able to connect to it, I will be releasing a new version!

[edit]

Minor update: Since Circa1982 isn't fixed I thought I'd just release a video of me playing the Tower, so here it is! You'll notice some new stuff from the previous version including Vigil telling his enemies to "Burn in hell".
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8bKXygr_ABg
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Well, I get the internet tomorrow in my new house. (Sept 7th)
I'll upload the latest version as soon as I get setup and tied some loose ends with the mod. Vigil's sword is now upgradable at the blacksmith, it changes his sword swinging shadows to different colors depending on his Vol'Brands level (it also upgrades any attack that doesn't use his sword also) which is cool. There's a lot of tweaks found in this version to help it run more smoothly gameplay-wise and Vigil's armor upgrades have been fixed concerning damage (Whoops!). Vigil is now easier to control with a few more combo possibilities as I've removed a few restrictions and improved combat even more.

I've started mapping the Castle.BSP replacement and the beginning is identicle however aside from that, everything is different and castle is directly linked to the dungeon map now; everything is slowly coming together.

That's that for this update!
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by xaGe »

That's great your in the new place and have a net connect tommorow... That was fast... :-) Looking foward to the latest Taov... Hopefully the few dp additions I've made for it will still mesh up... ;-) Nothing big, just having fun changing silly things ie title screens and such...

Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Whoa. Very nicely done, mind sending me the files on gmail? jsnipez@gmail.com

I'll include it in the next release :D
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

Sure thing... I'm currently working on the next option screen after this title... I didn't think you would like the color to be honest... Taov favors red over blue... :wink: ...I have everything saved as layered photoshop images so color changes can be made with in a few clicks...

I've also used the same skinned model of the Taov sword pictured about to make a new qplaque and now on to the mainmenu and menudot... :D

Last edited by xaGe on Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

To be honest... I like the blue lettering on the title screen. I was never much of a fan of the color red.

I watched the video. Amazing... To me it's a cross between Prince of Persia platforming and Tecmo Ninja Gaiden platforming. It's beautifull, I was going to cry... Certainly looking forward to a completed game in the near future.
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

...Yes I like the blue better myself... I was re-doing all the sprites as sprite.spr_0.tga's(ala DarkPlaces) in blue for my personal play and maybe to release as an add-on for Taov later from my webspace. I do have everything saved as layered photoshop images so color changes can be made with in a few clicks... Its up to Tyne... I don't mind making them to whatever his preferred color is for inclusion into the next release of Taov...
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

Regardless of the color he chooses (go with blue), it's still a nice looking title screen and menu you made. All in all the mod is looking great. I may or my not of missed this, but I was wondering if there will be any mini games or unlockables such as concept art and the evulotion of vigil character, will be included in the final release.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'm going with red against popular opinion ;) Actually, the title screen will turn blue for a special purpose I choose not to reveal until the game is in a final state.
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

:roll: ...interesting...
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

I can live with that (not that I had a choice). It's the best of both world's.
xaGe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by xaGe »

?What ever the color is of what have you aside I tell you what! Tyne hosted a Taov server last night and we 1st duked it out for a half hour in Death match... It was a blasT!! I meaN really! From ground fighting sword to sword to spell to spell, to aerial fighting, and every combination in between? 23 seconds into the following video shows Tyne pummeling me in a mid air juggle combo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RshfgcjQM

?From there we went COOP? Through various finished maps and a few works in progress? We found a bug or 2? I learned a few things and we had a good time? Here is a favorite part in the tower? I love how after you kill those monsters, their soul lights follow you around till you disperse them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yee-Lsh4ag

Love this game... :D
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

?What ever the color is of what have you aside I tell you what! Tyne hosted a Taov server last night and we 1st duked it out for a half hour in Death match... It was a blasT!! I meaN really! From ground fighting sword to sword to spell to spell, to aerial fighting, and every combination in between? 23 seconds into the following video shows Tyne pummeling me in a mid air juggle combo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RshfgcjQM
That was excellent. The style of fighting kind of reminds me of Super Smash Bros. I really hope the Dreamcast version will have 4 player support in this mode. Would be cool with different levels in this battlemode as well. Would make a perfect party game.
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

considering quake lacks control for more than 1 player it's highly likely to be impossible

UNLESS additional clients can be simulated with their own config.cfgs defining their controller bindings and locked to those additional controllers only to join the localhost server automatically
POOPOO
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Awesome work looking forward too next release.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Don't expect to wait too much longer.
Lan-Di
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Lan-Di »

That's great news ! :D
HA HAA, SEGA !
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Cant wait!!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Good news: New version released! Check page 1, first post for the download link. There's also an interview on Inside3D.com about TAoV :D

Bad news: My computer is acting up once again (hard drive problems, XP not booting, or if it boots it acts up completely) .. and because I'm currently fixing it I'm not bothering to post what's tweaked/changed/upgraded.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Cool! Will it run on DC once selfbooted?