Tutorial: Burning DreamSNES

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Tails Prower »

Ok, so, you wanna play DreamSNES, but don't wanna end up with coasters, hers a surefire way to make it work, SELFBOOT! And I, Ness, the king of DreamSNES, is (are or whatever im not a frickin english teacher) here to help.

1. Download Suse's Selfboot Kit, found here.

2. Download the Plain Files of DreamSNES found here.

3. Unzip Suse's Selfboot kit to a directory named Selfboot on your C Drive.

4. Unzip the DreamSNES Plain Files into your the Suses Selfboot Kit Directory.

5. There should be a data folder inside the suses selfboot folder. if not, create one and call it Data.

6. Double Click on the DreamSNES program in the Suses Selfboot folder (its a DOS program). It will create 3 folders inside the Data folder, GFX, Roms, and Sound.

7. Go into the DreamSNES folder (not the data folder....) and right click on the IP file, and select cut.

8. Go into the data folder, right click, and select paste. (the IP file does NOT go into any of the folders inside the Data folder)

9. Go back into the DreamSNES folder, into the cd folder, and right click on the 1DSNES.SH4 file, and select cut.

10. Go into the Data folder again, right click, and select paste. (This file DOES NOT go into any of the folders inside the data folder either)

Your Data folder should looka bit like this: Image

11. Now go back inside the DreamSNES folder, and go into the cd folder, and into the GFX folder. Cut (or copy) everything in that folder.

12. Inside the data folder, in the gfx folder, paste all the files you copied from the DreamSNES folder.

The GFX folder should look like this: Image

13. Now go back into the DreamSNES folder, into the CD folder, and into the sound folder. Copy (or cut) the beautyis file.

14. Go inside the Data folder, and into the sound folder, and paste the beautyis file.

For those of you who arent too smart, it should look like this: Image

15. Now, copy (or cut) all of your roms (in .smc format) into the Roms folder, which is inside the Data folder.

16. Now, re-open the DreamSNES program thats in the suse's selfboot kit, (or if you have it open already), hit any button. It will create a disk juggler image.

16a. If your using DJ, double click on the image that is created, and happy burning.

16b. For us SUPERCOOL Nero users, you gotta click on the CDI2NRG program after the DJ image is created. It will create a Nero image. Double click on it, Nero will open up, and happy burning! (If there is a button that says 'Create Image' uncheck it, then press the burn button)

17. For those of you who don't need to be using a computer, the thing on the left is a DJ image, the one on the right is a Nero Image: Image

Anybody have any problems? Need to add anything? ok then. 8) Have fun playin some classic nintendo, Need roms? Gimme a PM and i'll help you out. Later!
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
Ultima Wepon
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Thanks a lot, man!

Post by Ultima Wepon »

But....

I've tried it, and it yet again does not load, I just get a blue screen CD-Player!

Is it something to do with my Dreamcast?

Is it something to do with my CD-R's?

Is it something to do with me?

My beautyis.mp2 file is 7.68 MB large... Could that have something to do with it?

Is it my Nero Version? It's version 5.5, the latest one, but it doesn't work!
Do I need Nero 4?

Well, thanks!
The power of Ultima burns through his body, its eyes glow with the energy contained in its core.
After 2000 years of waiting, it has finally awaken, ready and prepared for the death of thousands...

The Ultima Wepon
Zekk2999
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zekk2999 »

Hey could you go a little more indepth about the burning while in DJ?
SuperFly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SuperFly »

Use DJ.... set it to mode 1 and burn away
(if its a trial version 1x speed only)
tjoz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

mode1?

Post by tjoz »

always mode2 and cddrom when ure burning dreamcast selfbootgames
jsjesse
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jsjesse »

First, I'd like to thank you, Ness for writing such an easy to follow set of instructions.

I must be doing something wrong, and I can't figure out what the hell it is. I even started over and redownloaded everything from scratch and double checked my steps and still nothing.

I am using Nero 5. When I am about to burn, it says something about "Burning a cd with multiple sessions may cause blah blah....Do you really want to burn this cd?"

Well, I burn it and nothing happens. I am going out to buy another set of cd's and hopefully I'll have some luck :)

Any suggestions??

Thanks
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

if i figured it out anybody can what i did was just clicked the DreamSNES batchfile it told me what to do then did it and burned 8)
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
waterboy711style
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by waterboy711style »

I followed the turtorial and I created the Nero image. However, when I doubled clicked on it, it gave me unable to find file. Please help!
abcdef
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Awesome tutorial !

Post by abcdef »

Everything worked!!!

Tad slow, but its coooooool!
Super_sniper
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Super_sniper »

I just used one of these tutorials on dcemulation here, worked fine with me...
Daikath
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

why do i feel like im a tuddler all over again?

Post by Daikath »

It doesnt work fine by me, and I tried both Disk JUggler and Nero.

I probably have a version of Nero tahts too old (but at least its legal) and it only has one track of the Nero image, I thought that this made the DC (or at least mine) aware taht this was a copy and refuses to play it.

And the Disk Juggler image makes the program crash once its fully loaded.

Anything you can do to help me?

{edit}I formattexd my harddrive and reinstalled everyhting and now it works perfecttly, thanks for your quick reply :P{/edit}
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MagnetoMan »

why does dreamsnes play kinda slow... you'd think the dc would be able to process the images faster than an old system not slower....

please, someone explain.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Because a DC isnt made the same way a SNES is - believe it or not it takes up quite a bit of preocessing power for the DC to pretend its a SNES... the major speed hit is the sound emulation; if you go to the options menu and turn the sound to mute then you will notice significant speed gains in most games that seem slow
Tagan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

For those who can't get it to work...

Post by Tagan »

Is your DC made after November 2000? cause if it is it won't run DreamSnes (And Most Non-DC CDs for that case)
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

The whole "MIL-CD"/"CD-R" debate/myth rages on and gets more confusing, though 007's list here does an admirable job of cutting through the crap (or at least trying to):

http://www.dcemulation.org/article-supported.htm

To make things all the more confusing, there are DC's that can read anything, DC's that can read MIL-CD but not CD-R's (meaning Bleemcast will work, but CD-R emulators like DreamSNES won't), DC's that can read MIL-CD's and CD-R's but have aversions to particular kinds of CD-R's, and then DC's that won't read either (Sakura Wars).

My advice - go get a DC. It's $50 and you won't be out much if it won't do the good stuff (though odds are it will).
oneate7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

yay!

Post by oneate7 »

omfg, it actually worked :eek: ive been trying to burn dsnes94 for almsot 2 months now, this tutorial rox :D time to go dl some snes roms ;)
what? it worked?! LEMME TRY IT!
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

Holy shit is that ever a lot of work.

http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/dcfactory/

Save yourself the manual labour.
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

kRYPT_ wrote: Holy shit is that ever a lot of work.

http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/dcfactory/

Save yourself the manual labour.
Whatever man :roll:
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
chernobylblast
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by chernobylblast »

so i did that whole tut thing perfectly, i got the .cdi file and when i tried to open it with DJ this: "Cdj has caused error in CDJ.EXE Cdj will now close"
so what am i supposed to do now? i cant burn the cd and i ve retried the whole process a couple times now. help.
Burnz
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

yaaaayyy

Post by Burnz »

i finally got it to work without swappin cds, i was about to put a knife through my dreamcast, or my head, i just followed the tutorial EXACTLY how it said, if your havin troubke, then its a problem on your end, NOT on the tutorials :D