I am nto Sure if this has Been asked be4 but is there a way.

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
alexlexus
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I am nto Sure if this has Been asked be4 but is there a way.

Post by alexlexus »

I downloaded a few mods for the cd and ripped the files out to play on pc.
now the only reason i did this is because i wanted to make a super disk with a few mods on them. i didn't want to waste a lot of cds buring each mod onto them when i know i get get a lot on a disk.

i am a dummy to this and was hoping someone could show me how to do this. i learn fast

i have a few mods like x-men,beats of rage remix etc.
i just want separate games on one disk.

is it possible?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

OK. The only way to put multiple mods on one disc is to use the ModLoader. There is an SBI of the ModLoader available from Sbiffy!com, for use with Selfboot Inducer. There is a pretty good readme inside the SBI. There is a tutorial on using Selfboot Inducer at http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuf ... _Tut.shtml

That should get you started. However, you should know, that you can only put 4 mods on one disc (that's all that the ModLoader will allow).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

...I downloaded one that DCDaydreamer made and it could hold 9 mods but it was so confusing to use it so I didn't even attempt to use it. I might go back and try it again and if i do figure it out, I'm writing a tutorial.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
alexlexus
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by alexlexus »

9 mods? wow that's what i am looking for. saves the cds.

where is this loader made by DCDaydreamer?
vision
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by vision »

CD's are less then a penny each whats the big deal. I use extra CD's to throw at people that piss me off in traffic all the time. I just don't get it :dontknow:
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

9 mods? wow that's what i am looking for. saves the cds.

where is this loader made by DCDaydreamer?
The BOR loader you're asking about was a modified version of Chui's Fenix loader released some time ago, it loaded 9 BOR mods and was made because BOR fans were getting fed up burning a CDR with every BOR mod beta release. We used to host it at DC Evolution (I'm not sure if it's there now). There was a post in this forum about it but it seems to have been deleted :?: .

The last version of this loader is a download of 7mb and can load the original BOR PAK file and 50 BOR mods, it is not hosted yet because it's PAL only, apparently most users can't use PAL but if there's enough interest it will be released.

The loader itself can be modified by any user quite easily, just follow the easy readme file supplied with the download - if you want to just launch mods, all you have to do is just rename your PAK file according to the readme. If you want to go further just follow the readme on how to put your own screenshots, description etc. in the loader, couldn't be simpler.
Across the Universe
alexlexus
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by alexlexus »

so no chance of the 9 mods on one disk for me yet?
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well yeah it still works. I just burnt it successfully and it's easy to navigate through the menus and things if you don't mind the "PAL flashing roll" hehe and it's really simple to edit to use and everything but here's one thing I found really odd about this compared to original BoR ports...if you have any intro music in your Mods...it doesn't play it and also your character select music doesn't play, but the rest of the music plays. I've tried that on all 9 of the mods I've put on it. Could that be for the fact that you hex edited the source or something?
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I've not noticed the intro music thing you're talking about, I haven't used this loader for a while and maybe should burn some mods as standalone.

The only thing I did was take the original BOR bin file (1st_read) from the image and hex edit the path to look for something else other than 'BOR.PAK', was there another BOR bin file released later that could have made a difference?.
Across the Universe