OMG WTF

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OMG WTF

Post by megaman8x »

I was watching filter on g4techtv and shenmmue was ranked no. 2 on the WORST GAMES EVER list.......wtf
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thats just stuiped.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

How is that ranked as one of the worst games ever?! It should be up with some of the best games.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Prob coz that thing he watched, although never heard of it, is primarily made up by sony fanboys that wouldn't know a good game if they were smashed in the face with it
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Some ignorant people we have in this world. I can see if they just called it a bad game, but they must have never played it AND have no experience with video games to call it one of the worst.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Although I didn't like Shenmue saga too much, it's really stupid to put it in a worst games list, the game is really well done.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

The Shenmue series is overrated IMO, I just found the games to be kind of boring
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

But you can't deny that they are incredible.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

if you're in to that kind of thing then yeah.

The graphics for both games were amazing though
Chuck D. Head
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Chuck D. Head »

What was the worst game? Dear Lord, do these people think that Soul Fighter is better than Shenmue? In that case the world as we know it is coming to an end.

While Shenmue was dull at times and the gameplay a little lacking, once the story started to progress, you were trapped in it.

Gee, if they think that it is ont of the worst games they must have never played past disk 1.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

OMG! People called Shenmue an RPG, but there is no random battles or experience points. You just have fighting via QTE. That sux d00d. If I wanted to play a story game I would have played one of those sucky adventure games with the blocky graphics like Full Throttle, or one of those crappy adventure games from the 90s that were obviously aimed at kids because of their cartoon graphics, like Broken Sword.

Shenmue sucks more than that crappy game, Grim Fandango. WTF.

Games shouldn't have a storyline unless they were made by Squaresoft, as that company is the only one that knows how to make stories. The FMVs are mad long, yo - who cares that the gameplay takes up 25% of your viewing time, and the FMV takes up 75% - at least it doesn't suck like Shenmue.

Sega needs to stick to making McDonald's happy meal toys because Sony and Squaresoft is where it's at when it comes to gaming.

L337 GAME REVIEWIN' HOMIES REPRESENT Y0
scott6565
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by scott6565 »

hahahhahahahah

anyways.. shenmue rules, its my all time favorite series. I cant understand how anyone could hate that game. they did everything perfectly i cant think of one complaint about it, and thats kind of crazy cause 90% of the time im on these forums im just putting people/things down. btw i think the second shenmue is better, because the story really picks up
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Shenmue was a pretty good game, shame us americans did not get the second one and I am not paying import fees if I knew the game saved a file after you beat the game and left open for a sequel that us US owners did not recieve then I am glad I did not purchase it. worst games of all time would be something like

superman 64-N64
bubsy 3d -PS
Deadly towers Nes
Mach Rider - NES
and majority of the atari 2600 library ;}

but shenmue is good but I am not buying it due to the US not recieveing the second one I don't want to own a "uncomplete" game.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Most of the 2600 library was very good. I have a 2600 and like 60 games. The only one i find completely unplayable is ET. I actually have that in its box and all. I tried playing it when i was really little and have horrible memorys of feeling really stupid cause i couldnt figure it out. I hate that game with a passion.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

I'm with quzar, 2600 had pretty good games. They don't look great nowadays but there were great games like pitfall for example.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well I hate et and I like pitfall but you have to admit that most of the library are clones of each other, so atari 2600 games lack originality, and just cuz I think most of the library is FEH does not mean I don't play them, I do more than you think, jungle hunt is definatly a game I love. as for graphical aspects, I never and I do mean NEVER look at a game for its graphics, if someone is a graphics whore, get a xbox. I like game play so I enjoy the original NES more than any system.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

At the time, most 2600 games were very innovative. This is because if a game was even slightly different from another, it had never been done before so it was great. It does seem like you are basing your statement on 2600 games like those sears 75-in-1 carts that were all the same games but like different colors and different speeds or whatever. I personally thought the idea of physical difficulty switches to be very interesting =P.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

And it had also some extremely mature games. If you think games like GTA3 are mature, you have to play Custer's Revenge, where your mission is to rape a series of Indian squaws tied to poles...
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Intv was much better for new styles of games. With the voice talk in some games still nothing beats some of the intv games. 2600 was limted due to the hardware nothing much you could do with it. Most games change colours new level.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

ok, i'm gonna start my own rating show...

the worst video game ever-> PS2 :D