Panzer Dragoon on the DC?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Chuey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Panzer Dragoon on the DC?

Post by Chuey »

Would it be possible to emulate the PC version of Panzer Dragoon on the DC? I found a copy if anyone wants to try.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

not unless the source code has been released, and to my very limited knowlege, it hasn't. having Panzer Dragoon on DC would be just about the coolest thing though. I still don't see why Sega never released a sequal to Panzer Dragoon on DC. :P
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I didn't care much for the first panzer Dragon, but the second one was pretty good.

They should have released another game Id have probably bought it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

There will supposedly be a Panzer Dragoon on Xbox.

-miah
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

(Panzer Dragoon) The FIRST Panzer game was a great premier title for the Saturn's graphic capabilities...

(Panzer Dragoon Zwei) The SECOND Panzer game was just about the best action shooter game of all time. Featuring graphics that the Playstation would be hard-pushed to beat.

(Panzer Dragoon Saga / Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG) The THIRD Panzer game was an epic 4-disc role playing game featuring a kid called Edge who set out to get revenge for the death of his friends. There's also a girl called Azel and he rides on a dragon to travel! :D
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I seem to recall hearing that, as part of their new platform agnostic staregy, Sega was planning on releasing certian classic old Saturn games on the PlayStation, and "Panzer Dragoon" was specifically mentioned. I've heard nothing of it since then and given that the PSX is pretty much a dead system now, I'm not sure it will happen, but damn it would be cool.
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

Here is a link to the "teaser trailer" showing panzer dragoon on xbox.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 01,00.html

-miah
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

panzer dragoon saga is bloody class. the first was a good start, second was a great refinment of the on the rails shooter, but saga is such a great rpg. its a shame it was so short, and also a shame that the xbox version is returning to the shoot em up roots. what id give to see a next gen panzer dragoon rpg.
Chuey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chuey »

Well all I can say if anyone is interested to try let me know...
Chuey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Chuey »

Well all I can say if anyone is interested to try let me know...
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Ahh, Panzer Dragoon II, that game was SO cool, and very addictive!

I renember buying the official saturn magazine in the UK, and they supplied the COMPLETE disk 1 of Panzer Dragoon Saga as a demo, and I loved it, just a shame at that time I couldnt find that game ANYWHERE :(

I could get it on Ebay, but the prices it sells for are too much - plus my saturns broke anyway :/

I think sega should have re-released Saga on the Dreamcast with improved graphics - that would rock!