Sonic Adventure 2 Trial ISO (It isnt warez!)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Is Sonic Adventure 2 Trial warez?

Total votes: 0
twendel316
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sonic Adventure 2 Trial ISO (It isnt warez!)

Post by twendel316 »

read that Hawg! :evil: And as APE mentioned:
You're right about the demo thing. It wasn't one of the demos you have to buy to play, more than likely it was given away too. Good luck finding it or finding someone who has it.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

As far as I know, it only came out as an add in with PSO. If it was available from the official Dreamcast magazine, I really don't know. If it was, you might have grounds on your argument but then again you might not. Why don't you call Sega to see if they could send it to you. The worst thing that they can say is no.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Just on the subject of legality:

Hold a copyright pretty much boils down to being exactly what it sounds like: having to right to make copies of something (as well as the right to grant that right to others).

In the end, the copyright holder determines who may legally make copies as how they can be made. This right has nothing to do with how (or if) the product has been distributed.

A never-released beta's copyright remains with the creator.
A freely distributed demo's copyright remains with the creator.

If you've not been granted permission to make duplications, you implicitely do -not- have that right (aside for some concessions for 'fair use', like the right to make backups for personal use only).

Don't get me wrong, I have beta versions of games, I have roms for games I do not own, and I am not intending to preach to you. When I do violate copyrights, and I do, I at least try to do so ethically - to acquire things that aren't available anymore, or to help me judge whether something is worth purchasing. You're free to follow your own judgement, but you should at least know when you're violating a copyright.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

I'm not even gonna read the topic. It IS warez, it is something you buy, it comes with PSO.