BOR Ports

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BOR Ports

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

Is there a PSX, Saturn or GameCube port on the making?

Are they much hard to be made? If BOR is ported to Saturn, i'm sure it will be considered ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST GAME FOR THIS CONSOLE. I can say that with property, since i have almost 200 saturn games.. and in comparision to saturn's "beat em up's" BOR wins by far.. Not just beat'em ups.. but saturn games in general..

Nekketsu Oyako sucks so much... Die Hard Arcade.. blah! Die hard trilogy?! Sucks the most! i'll never play this game again... Contra LOW should be named Contra LOL!! OMG.. I even think bor is better than Guardian Heroes.. Guardian Heroes storyline is great but gameplay is weak and BOR wins by far... let me stop this.. by the way, saturn is one of my favorite consoles... the favorite is NES, of course..

About the PSX version... PSX is the most popular console now a days, it would be an awesome field to BOR spreading!

So any idea about the ports?!

Hugs!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Why the nes. very weak to me. ps2 has a version of bor.. You have not used bor on ps2..

I think mostly any game on saturn is better then bor. It's ok but it's not that good man.. Bor is a clone and to me not as good as streets of rage of the genesis..

Good parts of bor are the mods and changeable engine.. But the real version to me was not fun to play after a while very generic game bash 4 people move bash 4 people move..

It does not compare to final fight ether..

So it's good man but puting down the saturn and other games to make out it's better does nothing to prove it to me.. Castle vania mod is a lot better then the offical game to play..

IMHO
Dreamcast forever!!!
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

re

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

I respect your point of view dude, but i have mine.. despite i put down those Saturn games i said, Saturn is my second favorite videogame... :)

Of course NES is weak.. but 15 years ago it was great and I can't remember such a fever as NES was since atari! Not even the PSX... :)

Streets of Rage is a clone too.. a Double Dragon clone...
Street Fighter is a clone from Yie Are Kung Fu or Karate Champ, i don't know...

Those are great games, but clones too...

But points of wiews aside, are the ports possible to be made?! :)

Putting ports aside, where are you from? just for curiosity...

Leaving you aside (LOL) WHAT HAPPENED TO TNMT BOR MOD? RAPHAEL IS MISSING?! It seems all other turtles are missing too.. :)

Kidding bro! :)

Hugs!

AND DO NOT FORGET SENDING ME A PICTURE OF YOU FOR BEING IMPALED, DECAPITATED, TORTURED, HUNG BY THE NECK OR HAVE YOUR EYES OR HEART RIPPED IN MKK BACKGROUNDS...

I impaled myself too... didnt hurt dude! :D
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

They aren't clones if they have their own original gameplay mechanics like streets of rage 2 lets you grapple people and slam them, double dragon does not do this, totally different characters too.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

bor is great homebrew game but the idea is a fan made game trubute to streats of rage.

I dont think it's better then it. Mods people are doing should be called theme changes.

PS2 has a bor port it was before the dc one and uses the real ps2 dev kit.

Works just as well or better.
Dreamcast forever!!!
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Is there a PSX, Saturn or GameCube port on the making?
Geez, no one can ever just be happy with what they've got. A GameCube port of anything is highly unlikely due to the proprietary mini-DVD format. Besides, the Saturn served one function and one function alone: playing VirtualOn with a set of import TwinSticks.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

re

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

OK OK GUYS! DO NOT KILL ME! :)

I asked about the ports just for curiosity because as i said PSX is the most popular console now a days and would be good for bor be ported to it for spreading... Just the saturn one i'd like to play very very much...

I've never played GameCube or XBox... So, i'm not waiting for releases for these consoles and if i buy a PS2 i'll have no time to play BOR because i'll be playing Pro Evolution Soccer 3 F O R E V E R... \o/

(By the way i have 6 soccer games for the DC... They are so weak... Not even the SWWS is as good as the Saturn version... Such a powerful console without a good soccer game... :( )

About the originality of Streets of Rage, i was talking about the... how can i say... The FORMULA.. not gameplay... A 2D BEAT'EM UP GAME... And by the way in my opinion, just an improvement in gameplay do not make the game an original idea... if so, i could add attack 3 and attack 4 to BOR, work on original chars and call it original...

Double Dragon, Dragon Ninja, SOR, Final Fight use the same FORMULA. That is what i say and since they use the same FORMULA, just a few different points here and there between them, we can call them "Theme Changes" too..

Ian, i respect your oppinion about prefering Streets of Rage to BOR, but for me they are almost equivalent... low advantage to BOR... SOR has more gameplay variance, while BOR better graphics and sound support despite of the lack of stereo effects... ( I'm not considering AGE or system limitations and requirements )

All SOR special effects like, balancing chains, rain, fire, myst and so on, can perfectly be made on BOR and MKK will be full of those...

Just for curiosity, can you remember which was the first PLATFORM GAME of all?

I'm sure Super Mario Bros. 1 for the NES is an improvement for the PLATFORM SCROLLING FORMULA... I can't remember which was it.. maybe THE SMURFS for ATARI 2600?

Thats an interesting subject.. i'll post it in general discussion.. thanks for replying me about the ports stuff and the stoning session.... :)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Manic miner spectrum . And it does not play any were near as fun as Final fight..
Dreamcast forever!!!
ShadowMaster
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by ShadowMaster »

Man what is wrong with you Git. BOR is nothing compared to the older beat-em ups like Guardian Heroes or Final Fight. It's clear that you have never even owned any of these or you never would have said that.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

I asked about the ports just for curiosity because as i said PSX is the most popular console now a days
Actually I know many, many, more people that own a Gameboy Advance SP now days than a PlayStation.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

ShadowMaster wrote:Man what is wrong with you Git. BOR is nothing compared to the older beat-em ups like Guardian Heroes or Final Fight. It's clear that you have never even owned any of these or you never would have said that.
You're wrong dude.. i own both... I'm not saying those are bad games, i'm saying i prefer bor... :)
Spector
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Spector »

[quote="Ian Micheal"]Manic miner spectrum . And it does not play any were near as fun as Final fight..[/quote]

There was "Miner 2049'er" before Manic Miner. That was probably the first platform game. Released on the Atari 2600, wasn't it? I'm not sure when. Though Manic Miner was of course, far better.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Not sure i think it was some other micro computer.. Dont think it was the atari..

Hmm bbc was it?
Dreamcast forever!!!
Eiji
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Eiji »

I don't like the PS2 bor, runs at a resolution of 320x244 so its missing 16 pixel lines worth of graphics at the bottom.

XBox BOR is easily the best but it was made with the official SDK :twisted:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

So was the ps2 version..
Dreamcast forever!!!
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

sor had like 2 throws,the one you jump over people and the regular one,no one added this in any of their mods.but that doesn't mean a thing because bor is way better,come on it's a custom made game how better can it get(beside making a fighting game or an rpg)