Megaman: War of the Future Info/Ideas

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Megaman: War of the Future Info/Ideas

Post by DcSteve »

This is going to be my next project when the new engine is released. The story is as follows=

It will start off with zero sleep cutscene from x5. From there (after x6 or x7, this doesnt matter) X will be the main character, and he will fight baddies from the X series in the 1st levels. A nice looking version of sigma will be an early boss. He will be destroyed for good. I guess ill have a cutscene that says "90 years later", and the levels after this will feature enemies from the zero series.

I need you guys to tell me what others bosses should be fought/destroyed in this timeframe. Also, I need suggestions for other possible hero players- such as some of the "generals" from the Z series (since they were on X's side somehow). Perhaps different armored X's IF their is no way to make capsule or armor upgrades with the next engine.
Death-Axe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Death-Axe »

i gues you could put in better charicters this time. They were all clumsy and dodjy apart from that robot. Even the hidden charicter was dodjy... :o
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

lol, if you knew enough about the megaman series, then you would know that duo ( the robot ), is a far more advanced robot then the rest of the original cast and is supposed to be more powerful then the rest. Duo= Noob gameplay, Megaman= Normal Gameplay, Protoman = Hard Gameplay, and Roll= Very hard Gameplay. None of the characters were dodjy because there animations were smooth and their attacks were perfect (unless you didnt play the final bugfixed version, just one beta or something). Again, duo is for kids to beat the game with.
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
edub1030
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by edub1030 »

steve, what about the mech dragon from mega man 8? the first boss you come to before you pick levels to go to. he was big and colorful. seems like he would fit right in with your mod.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

he would have fit right in war of the past- but war of the future shouldnt have anyone from the megaman time period.. There are intro bosses (bosses before level select) in the X and Z games to choose from
edub1030
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by edub1030 »

sorry steve, working on lil sleep past few days.
ShadowMaster
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by ShadowMaster »

I would like to see Magma Dragoon come back from Mega Man X 4. I think that was the coolest boss character in the Mega Man X series. The Colonel from X4 would be a cool playable character also.
akilshohen
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by akilshohen »

why'd you do that difficulty thing? I was trying to best the game with Roll LOL. I just had to breakdown and use duo. Was he a playable character in any other MM game cause I don't remember him.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

he was a playable character in the Megaman: Power FIghters which is an arcade game. He appears in the megaman series in 8 i believe.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Duo is actually from megamanx4.He and Iris shared the same general "idea".Become friends with x/zero, secretly sent to kill him, becomes giant boss, x/zero have to kill duo/iris.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

actually, duo is a robot from some other planet that is more powerful than everyone accept for possibly zero. The only reason he helps light fight wily is because light helps duo in megaman 7 or 8. In megaman's time, zero DID exist in an incomplete form as wily was still upgrading him, and even though he still is incomplete, he is sent to :SPOILER: destroy all the original cast in this game :END SPOILER: Zero is evil at this time period, and sigma existed as a good robot as the leader of the repliforce. Wily programmed a evil virus/dark energy into zero, which he stole from duo. That is passed to sigma when they fight sometime later in a cutscene in x4. Read up the bio's of all these chars=-
supersaiyansonic
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by supersaiyansonic »

EvilN wrote:Duo is actually from megamanx4.He and Iris shared the same general "idea".Become friends with x/zero, secretly sent to kill him, becomes giant boss, x/zero have to kill duo/iris.
I think you mean Double he was the character that turns out to be evil in X4.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

DcSteve, I really enjoyed your first Megaman mod, but even so it was very similar to the original bor, do you think that in this game you will play with some of the bor features that have kind of gone untouched. There is another thread talking about using bor for "platform" games, it would be neat if you maybe added pits that have to jumped and also walls that have to broken down (a standstill enemy that doesn't attack and graphically would appear as a wall). Keep it up

awesome avatar and sig supersaiyansonic
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Megaman: WOTP was more colorful and was overall much more fast-paced then bor.
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

Originally posted by DcSteve:
Megaman: WOTP was more colorful and was overall much more fast-paced then bor.
I concur. Having played Village of Rage, TMNT, Mortal Kombat, Ghouls and Ghosts, Castlevania, X-Men and Megaman: WOTP, what little I played of Megaman felt totally fresh and different from all the other mods that, while great in their own right, felt very similar to the original idea to me.

Even so, if there are that many features in the original engine that no mod has used yet, it would be cool if WOTF uses the next engine at its fullest capacity.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I dont agree.. Castlevania felt really nice. But tmnt was prolly more changed then bor then the other's Some little things no one noticed.

Any way it will be nothing like bor at all was only a demo.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

I did say all the other mods were great too. Are you still working on TMNT? If so, will you release a second demo before the final release?
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

dcsteve don't forget to add vile from megamanx in the mod or duo,you think you can add the mega buster from x2?you know the that let's you shoot twice.is dr.light going to make a cameo as well?oh!one more thingare you going to add the e-tank too?