Offical DCEmu Codename: Envenom Topic

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Offical DCEmu Codename: Envenom Topic

Post by Tyne »

I thought I'd start a topic to boast about my Survival Horror mod! Anyways I've implemented some new things:

- Dynamic Music. Music can switch at any given time and while entering a new area and such, it's pretty cool to go into a new room and hearing a new track play.

- Fixed camera angles. Instead of having the camera track Corporal all the time you can have it sit at one angle, useful for certain situations.

- Redone Corporal Skin! More detail and depth added and the blue tones look more standout now, he overall just looks better.

- Falling animations! When you fall off edges and such he'll crouch to brace for impact, when he hits the ground he bends down on his knees and gets back up. The downside is that it freezes you for half a second and you need to tell him to run again.

- Cooperative support (PC Version only). Take on the whole mission with a pal, only supports 2 persons.

- Basic cutscene support. You can change whatever entity you want the camera to track and to have it freeze Corporal for any given amount of time! I'm working more on this.

- All instances of text has been replaced by voice. No more soldier BPRINTS littering the screen, they talk, they apologize when they accidently shoot you, they run when hurt and maintain a distance, and they're mouthy too. :)

- Ambient sounds that kick in whenever to make the ship feel more alive. You can walk down a corridor and hear a battle being waged some place else and end up finding that spot with dead bodies littering the battle scene.
Last edited by Tyne on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Looks really cool hope u work hard on it and release it whenever u think it's quality is what u want.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Wow! :o This is great

What is the thing on the left of the 2nd pic ?
Also are you planing to make a TC of the Mod ?

PS: Tyne maybe you should add a signature like my to your profile to do adversting for this mod. Would be a shame if it was overlooked.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Moi wrote:Wow! :o This is great
Thanks. :D
Moi wrote:What is the thing on the left of the 2nd pic ?
Also are you planing to make a TC of the Mod ?
That's just a ship that's docked into the Cargo Deck Hanger, it doesn't do anything.. just extra additional details. (You'll see quite a bit of that)
Moi wrote:PS: Tyne maybe you should add a signature like my to your profile to do adversting for this mod. Would be a shame if it was overlooked.
That's a good idea. Thanks. :P

I'm having a problem with the Cargo Deck, I'm not sure what other rooms I can add to it so I've got to think of something before I can expand the map even more.

Also need to fix an EVIL bug in FindTarget();
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

- I've added a "USE" button, to open doors and push buttons you must stand infront and press the USE button, he even sticks his hand out while doing this. :P
Items is the same but you must stand on top of the item and he bends down.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Success!!

Post by Tyne »

Tada!

Corporal presses a switch! No more running into switches to use 'em. :D
Last edited by Tyne on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
miracleman
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Been thanked: 0

Post by miracleman »

this looks really great! have got a plot n stuff all worked for this? it looks like a really un-quake like game. it might be worth posting some screenshots on the main homebrew games forum as sometimes the quake section is a little quiet. easily one the most interesting quake mods in development for the dreamcast.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

All this sounds very interesting, but why do you use DarkPlaces to make the screenshots? I'd like to see some screenshots in GLQuake with r_dynamic 0 (if you're making it compatible with QuakeDC/HexQuake) or 320x240 screenshots in WinQuake (if you're making it compatible with RADQuake).

Some good things would be using a model with more polygons for the player, instead of editing the Quake's player model. And I guess I'm not the only one who's tired about the normal Quake's textures and modified versions of them. Even if you can't do the textures by yourself, there are some sites with good textures, you only need to add a kind of "using textures from http://www.nameofthesite.com" in your readme.

Any idea about when it will be released?

Sorry for the late post...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

320x240 shots are ugly and Darkplaces is a way better done version of GLQuake and it's prettier, so it's what I chose to make screenies..

The player model is about on par with the regular quake guy's polygon count, but corporal is much more animated.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

Is this a PC only mod, or are you planning on making it compatible with the dreamcast ports of quake? I think that Fragger aksed for the other screenshots so that he could get an idea of what to expect when the game is played on the DC.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

It'll use RadQuake for the Dreamcast Version. I know what Fragger wanted, but I refuse to take screenshots in anything other then Darkplaces.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

There are some very good textures here: http://switch.to/doom2textures

Some examples:

I was just taking a look at a Doom site and found this.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Whoa nice finds Fragger!

Anyways, I've added a new monster. It's "Envenom Infectors", they're little worms that crawl along the ground and if they get close to you they start taking health, you can step on them to kill 'em.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Tyne: the first Beta from QEXPO worked with QuakeDC you should atleast test if it works.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Unfortunately, the lack of light effects and the in-game loadings would be very bad for the atmosphere and the scary moments of a survival horror game. Not to mention the lack of fullbrights and the other problems of QuakeDC.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Can't use QuakeDC because it doesn't have dynamic lighting which is required for the flash light.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Then let us hope Ian and Fragger add saving support.

Tyne is it possible to include level/password function like in the old NES games ?
So we wouldn't need saving support?
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I honestly couldn't tell you at this point if I could do that or not, a lot code may change.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I don't have any idea on how to add saving support, but I guess I could add a small saves feature easily, also keeping the support for big saves.

Something interesting is that at the moment RADQuake tries to load the saves from the CD, so you could save a game on the PC and load it in RADQuake.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I hope some kind of save support is implemented into RADQuake soon because in Codename: Envenom there's gonna be various save rooms placed around the ship, and you WILL need 'em.