DC doesnt recognize open door???

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
scottbly
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC doesnt recognize open door???

Post by scottbly »

Ok I just bought a used dreamcast but there is one problem. The previous owner must have removed the device to tell it when the door is open because when the open button is pushed the disc continues to spin. This creates a huge problem as it is an Asian model and I need a boot disc to play US games. Any help is grateful, thanks.
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

Well first off never post the same topic in more than one forum. I'm not a mod so all I can do is inform you but when a mod sees this they will delete one and warn you...unless you've done this before.

In either case here's how you check, if you unscrew the 4 screws on the bottom and remove the top part of the shell you will be able to determine the problem. At the top of the system (controller ports facing you) to the right of the laser assembly is a black button, that is the lid control. If it is taped down remove it, and check for a mod chip...if I'm not mistaken the first generation of modchips required this additional modification to play burnt games and imports. Now in the event that the button is broken then I'm afraid you got burned...you can replace the part but it'd probably be cheaper to get another DC.
scottbly
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by scottbly »

thanks napoleon. sorry for the multipost but this forum was my last hope after getting no help anywhere else. Now in response to your message, when i open it do i need to worry at all about the electric shock warning? I do have a grounding bracelet should i use it when i do this?
Napoleon
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Napoleon »

Well theres no harm in being cautious, but I wouldn't worry about anything.
scottbly
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by scottbly »

Thanks a ton, man. I found a rubber band around the switch and now it works fine.