Best DC emu for PC that runs emus/homebrew only ?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best DC emu for PC that runs emus/homebrew only ?

Post by nakamichi »

Is there any Dreamcast emulator for PC that I can use to run all emulators and homebrew games from DCEmu in fullspeed with sound on my Athlon XP 2200+ machine ?

Since my DC is dead,I want to test all those new homebrew emus and games that are released lately.

Can you tell me which emu to get? (for Win 98 or XP,not linux)
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Well I think Dreamemu plays 1 or 2 demo's but thats about it for whats been released, unless that new one does some demo's as well, havent tried that one yet
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
multiverse
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by multiverse »

well all the emus out there seem to be a bit temperamental with my system, all I have been able to do is get the sega licensing information up and it freezes after that for me.
Under-Developed Development - Now with a dash of Dreamcast!
http://www.freewebs.com/uddev/
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Is there any Dreamcast emulator for PC that I can use to run all emulators and homebrew games from DCEmu in fullspeed with sound on my Athlon XP 2200+ machine ?
No.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

KOSine is pretty close, but I think it needs to be set up specifically for each game.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

but it isnt a DC emulator it is a KOS recreator isnt it?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
bigrob
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by bigrob »

How about running a xbox emulator on pc, running a dc emulator on the emulated xbox, and to top it off, run a c64 emulator on the emulated dc on xbox on pc!
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

cool, we could have a PC pretending to be a dreamcast, pretending to PC with linux, that is pretending to be a GP32 that thinks it is a GBA that thinks it is a SNES!!!!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

well what you can do it make virutal CDs, (there is a program called virtual CD) then you can run the cds through the emu. that should work? or was the question more if there was currently a pc dc emu that could run a dreamcast cd (if a pc emu can then just make a virtual cd with whats needed and it should run smooth)

google virtual CD