translucent water

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
CaRRaC
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

translucent water

Post by CaRRaC »

Has anybody else had any luck with enabling translucent water where you are able to see the geometry underneath the water?
I applied vispatch to all the maps and burned the cd, it boots perfectly but quakdc refuses to load any maps (I've confirmed they work perfectly in GLquake).

*sigh*
I'm going to try again with some maps re-vised and see if the unnaltered maps still work.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I've had this problem when revis'ed maps with -fast. They refused to load on Winquake.

You should revis the maps with level 4.
CaRRaC
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by CaRRaC »

They are all -level 4.
Vispatch just inputs in the vis data from a full vis (which someone else did) into the original bsps. They work fine in glquake, winquake and even the dos one. just not in dcquake. It's a shame, cos it makes the maps so beautiful.
Muad^Dib
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Muad^Dib »

But if you take a look at the screenshots at Titanium Studios' webpage, they have transparent water and relective mirrors..
I emailed them about this some time ago, and they said that you need to use the patched .PAK files and then at the console, type "r_wateralpha 0.3" and "r-mirroralpha 0.3" to enable them..
I haven't tried it myself yet though, as I don't have a DC Keyboard :(
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Ive never taken the time to vispatch my maps... I have the files to do 3 differant method here on my HD but am unsure which is easiet or best.

You no longer need to have a keyboard to enable transparent water or to turn on the mirrors. Thanks to Fragger his JoyMenu has both those options and many more.

Even though more versions are shure to come you should definately check it out if you dont have a keyboard.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Ni Ten Ichi Ryu
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Vispatch

Post by Ni Ten Ichi Ryu »

Apparently Vispatch doesn't work in Win XP, by chance could someone send me the files already patched? Or better yet, send me a boot disk so I can enter DOS, mine was damaged. =(
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Sending the files would be illegal... since their just (slightly altered) all the original Quake maps.

A dos boot disc "may" do allow you to do what you need though...
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

You could do one of those patch dealies where you get the utility and a file of the changes and apply ig yourself. I think IPS would do it.