portable genesis

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

portable genesis

Post by dreamcaster1 »

I have solved my power problem for the gen with the 9.6 v rechargable bats from a remote control car now i need to make the board smaller and get a screen any ideas
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

PLEASE choose a different system. sega already has a portable genesis called nomad and it works great. Some suggestions-

pc engine
neo-geo cd
turbo graphix
snes
n64 (this one is practical and cool)
dreamcast (well ive seen the inside of a dc and it seems too big.......try it if you must)
psx

just try something new, not something sega did before. but if u really wanna, its still cool to make your own. 8)
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

actually sega nomad wasn't that great because it drains your batteries really quickly. So Dreamcaster could make one which is more energy efficient than Nomad :D
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

the gen itself runs for a few hours on the 9.6 volts from the remotecontrol car plus the bateries are cheap and they are rechargable im looking into makingthe unit smaller i have no experience with this though i got a casio portable tv it runs on 4 aaa bateries for like 6 hours if i can use the screen and tv feature from the tv and make the gen smaller i could have a portable gen that would run about 6 hours before recharge also the remote control cas bateries also power the nes the sega master system and the snes i just need a system with a small mother board also i have been thinking about the sega saturn the board on this unit is huge but even if i had to carry this thing around it a back pack it would be worth it to play panzer dragoon saga on the road
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

Are you using a mini-CRT or a LCD for your portable genesis? The LCD will last much longer on less power and weigh much less.

Also, they're much safer to work with.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

Their is already a PSone Handheld system, I've seen a picture of it in one EGM and it looked kind of bulky because their was a huge thing sticking out of the top for where the CD went, also it was the only one and the owner wasn't gonna sell it.
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Yeah, the portable PSONE did look kind of bulky, and the CD spun out in the open. >= | Not too cool.

I think that these guys would be gods if they could make a small portable Saturn. The mainboard is too big, though... I don't think it's very possible.
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

MidnightObsidian wrote: Yeah, the portable PSONE did look kind of bulky, and the CD spun out in the open. >= | Not too cool.

Hey. My pDC is gonna spin out in the open :lol:
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

::coughcough::

I mean, Wow! That's a GRRRRRRRRRREAT idea!

(Just please have a protective shield over it or something. GD-ROMs are frighteningly fragile...)
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

it's adumb idea

Post by SonicBlaze »

what a dumbass idea. There is already a nomad, and another one that is just a very small genesis without a screen. If u wanted to make it more efficient u could take a nomad and modify it, what a waste of time. "hi guys! It took me 30 hours plus $200, but I did it!" *other friend "I just got a nomad for $20. (I was slightly exaggerating the price, but u get the point)
Last edited by SonicBlaze on Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Nice to see someone shares my opinions. >= )
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

Is anyone here rich/crazy enough to do a pGC? That would be cool, it already looks quite small and has mini DVD's.
Last edited by theultimatechuff on Sun Jan 20, 2002 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

SonicBlaze.................... :eek: ~* :!: !THANK YOU! :!: *~ :eek:

your opinion is a mirror of mine..........please dreamcaster.....do another system! :!: :evil:
mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by mik »

A portable GC, now THAT would definitly be something neat.
Although, the pDC would be my altime fav, ofcourse :) ;)
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

yea they already have a kinda laptop GC. what it is is the gamecube on your lap with an lcd screen mounted on the back of it. I think some complany named pelican made the screen, it sells for like 140$.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Yeah, since GC has external AC->DC adapter the screen and console can be run in a car a lot like the PSone with screen.

Still, I await news on the pDC; it will be awesome :)
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

Fair point maybe my post should have said hhGC instead.

One question (and sorry if this is mentioned earlier on) which model Genisis is this portable based on? Mark 3?
B410r
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by B410r »

[quote="pkScary"]
PLEASE choose a different system. sega already has a portable genesis called nomad and it works great. Some suggestions-

pc engine
neo-geo cd
turbo graphix
snes
n64 (this one is practical and cool)
dreamcast (well ive seen the inside of a dc and it seems too big.......try it if you must)
psx

just try something new, not something sega did before. but if u really wanna, its still cool to make your own. 8)
[/quote]

lol. i find it quite ironic that you chose to be upset with this guy who seems to be having fun making a portable genesis, when you yourself have listed two systems (turbo grafx 16, and its japanese counterpart the PC Engine) as ones you would like to see made portable. Its called the turbo express and you can buy em new for a great price over at http://www.tzd.com . youll also find a bunch of new games, controllers, etc. the only problem with this system tho is one or two pixels might be burnt out, but all in all theyre great.
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Wow... I've never heard of that system before...
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

i got frustrated that he was wasting his time. he didn't even seem to realize there already was a portable genesis made for cheap. thanks for the link, and no offense was intended. ;)