Repears' TMNT and Cadallacs and Dinosaurs release help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Repears' TMNT and Cadallacs and Dinosaurs release help

Post by Darkwing »

I've downloaded Sbi files and the latest selfboot program from spiffy.com, and I burned both with roms on separate discs, but for some reason both don't work and have the same problem. When I get to the screen where it says "Y sound on/off and A Start game" I press A to start and both glitch up with some kind off white screen with lines on the top. I know I burned them correctly, becasue I successfully burned the X-men Sbi, in the same manner and had no problems. If anyone can shed soem light on this problem, it would be most appreciated. :)
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

You need to have the right rom pack. Sometimes the roms required change from (PC) Mame release to mame release. But I'm sure one of the more knowlegeable fellas will help ;)
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I know that the TMNT release requires TMNT.zip, the original US version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game. Check out a comprehensive mame rom directory for information on actual roms. I would give out the address for a particular site, because I have never found any actual downloads, but the site speaks as though it does have downloads, so I do not want to get myself in trouble for warez. If you have a different version of the game, or if you have it named anything other than TMNT.zip, I do not believe it will work. In addition, the Rom has to be zipped, not unzipped. Make sure it is zipped.
In addition, I am not positive whether those emulators support discswapping, so you may want to try putting the Roms in the Roms directory in your Inducer project. If they do indeed support discswapping, be sure that your Rom is still in a Roms subdirectory on the CD, because that is where the Bin file will search for the rom. I hope that helps.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.