Help me! please?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help me! please?

Post by SLaYeR »

:( :( :(
My Dreamcast Keeps randomly resetting on any game, except Bleemcast for Tekken 3, for NO apparent reason. It all is clean and I use a lens cleaner. All my CD's are clean. I have NO idea whay this happens. Any ideas?
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hawq1 »

Loose power cord maybe? (a problem I have with my video lead occasionaly), it could be that your'e just lucky when using Bleem so it doesn't do it then. It does sound like a power problem could be the cause, its certainly the first thing to come to mind anyway.
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

Thanks. I might Pay *gulp* ?35 to get it repaired (it was a used one I bought) and pay that just so I can play Shenmue without having to do the same day OVER AND OPVER AND OVER, so I can get Shenmue 2! YAY! :D

(?35 is a lot to me right now. I'm only 16 without a part-time job. eep.)
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Hawq might be on the right track. If it isn't a loose plug, perhaps there is a short in the power cord resulting in it resetting. If you have a friend that has one, you might want to switch cords to see if that is it. If not, you might need to open it up or just buy a new one.
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

My mate had to steal a stereo cord for the power cord offa me. I'm gonna probably send it to sega to fix, at least then I know It'll get properly fixed.... I think. eep.
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

One of my mates just told me that unplugging it for 3 days works. *shrug* Here's hoping. *sound of plug being pulled out*
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I had that problem - then I fixed it, it was dead easy to do: http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2007
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

*reads* Ulp. I'll havta try that. Its a quite old 2nd hand one, so no waranty, and I dont wanna pay ?35 to send it off, so I might try that. :?