pcsx-dc

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mike121686
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pcsx-dc

Post by mike121686 »

i downloaded pcsxdc and some roms but how do i burn them on to the cd the dl on the site only includes 1st_readme.bin and some other readme's but no exe files how do i burn them
Curt205
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Curt205 »

not the same question as mike,but i was just curious if someone could give us a news update,or something. whats the staus on this project,canned or ongoing? id hate to see it canned as it looks very promising. and would undoubtedly be the best of any homebrew/emu items for dc,right upthere with dreamsnes.
mike121686
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by mike121686 »

no
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

i havent heard anything about it ever since its last update. o well, i dont really care about it anyway. i mean u can just get a psx for 30 bux or play psx games on ps2
mike121686
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by mike121686 »

very true but im poor....................... lol
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

u can play them on ur pc, but ull need a pretty darn good pc
Curt205
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Curt205 »

yeah,i think id rather have a ps2 with psx games then use something that dont run right,have to constantly compile cds,etc...ps2 or heck the psx for that matter eliminates the middle(or should i say LARGE and CUMBERSOME)man....but still,JUST to see how good it could be..it be worth trying a few cds on at least once.
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

true true
mike121686
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by mike121686 »

ok
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

You can buy a NES for $10 and the games for about $3 each but we got NES emulators right? Super Nintendo's are cheap, Genesis systems are cheap too. And of course we don't play roms we don't own.....................
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

IT's slower then darc nes most games run at 3 fps to 5 fps

i did do a update to it once and got 10 fps on stryder for psx

no sound no cd support crashes , Every game you will need to waste a new cd

hows that grab ya!

IT's a good effort dont think i can get any more then 10 fps out of it only tryed stryder as my test iso i did make it faster but it was still not worth it as its more of a tec demo really

I like to release stuff close to fullspeed these days

hope the author updates it any ways :D
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

Veggita2099 wrote:You can buy a NES for $10 and the games for about $3 each but we got NES emulators right? Super Nintendo's are cheap, Genesis systems are cheap too. And of course we don't play roms we don't own.....................
veggitta2099, would u really go to a video game store n buy nes, snes, n genesis games? i mean really? its a waste of money n most of all, its embarressin! plus some nes games cost more than $3. i kno both zeldas n metroid all cost about 10 bux each at gamestop. n an nes cost like 30 bux! id definetly rather play the roms then waste my money on the real ones. heck, im not even into them that much, im more into ps2, id rather spend my money buyin ps2 games.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

DoomDan wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:You can buy a NES for $10 and the games for about $3 each but we got NES emulators right? Super Nintendo's are cheap, Genesis systems are cheap too. And of course we don't play roms we don't own.....................
veggitta2099, would u really go to a video game store n buy nes, snes, n genesis games?
I bought a Mega CD game for ?42 the other day - I was tempted to buy a few Mega Drive games for ?6 the other day too.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

az_bont wrote:
DoomDan wrote:
veggitta2099, would u really go to a video game store n buy nes, snes, n genesis games?
I bought a Mega CD game for ?42 the other day - I was tempted to buy a few Mega Drive games for ?6 the other day too.
i cant buy them, i think its a waste of money
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

why is it "embarressin"?
I just bought Hogan's Alley for NES for $4 at a local used CD place...
With that I bought Tetris because it becomes unplayable at level 9 on NesterDC since the controls lag
I bought Chrono Trigger for $60
I've bought everything after my NES used, starting with my Genesis in 95 (when the Playstation came out).
Whatever, I guess it's your opinion that a CD of data is better than the real thing
I almost bought a SMS -> Genesis adapter, but I dont own any SMS games (nor do I really want to :wink:)
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

i think its embarressin
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

DoomDan wrote:
veggitta2099, would u really go to a video game store n buy nes, snes, n genesis games? i mean really? its a waste of money n most of all, its embarressin! plus some nes games cost more than $3. i kno both zeldas n metroid all cost about 10 bux each at gamestop. n an nes cost like 30 bux! id definetly rather play the roms then waste my money on the real ones. heck, im not even into them that much, im more into ps2, id rather spend my money buyin ps2 games.
I buy SNES or Genesis games all the time for $5 each at the local flea market. In fact I got X-men for Genesis a couple of weeks ago. I don't buy any NES games cause I own all the ones I want pretty much. Same deal with SNES games. Im still looking for a few Genesis games such as Sonic 3, Mickey Mouse COI, Captain America and the Avengers, etc. Only games I won't buy is the overpriced games like Chrono Trigger ($60), Any of the Final Fantasys before 7 on NES or SNES (expensive), etc. And I can get Zelda 1 or Zelda 2 for $3 each locally when he has them. Only problem with those two games is a lot of them have dead batteries.

Oh and BTW I was being sarcastic. Yes I got roms I don't own originals too.
mike121686
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by mike121686 »

that didnt answer my question

what do i do to burn the roms to disk so i can ply them im only going to use the roms of the games i own how do i do it
Curt205
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Curt205 »

i bought another sega saturn the other day :lol: just so i could throw rocks at it....piece of crap. lets see,hmmmm also bought a segacd as well..didnt throw rocks at it..i use it for a toilet seat lid.....hmm that reminds me..got that spiffy game gear at BiG Jacks Pawn Shop also....i use it for an ashtray.well no one can say that i didnt atleast get something good out of that useless hardware sega swindled onto the market all those years back..

the only thing that made the dreamcast stand out above all that crap hardware was this place(dcemulation.org)

time to buy an xbox(been putting it off) and bid the dc farewell here soon.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Curt205 wrote:i bought another sega saturn the other day :lol: just so i could throw rocks at it....piece of crap. lets see,hmmmm also bought a segacd as well..didnt throw rocks at it..i use it for a toilet seat lid.....hmm that reminds me..got that spiffy game gear at BiG Jacks Pawn Shop also....i use it for an ashtray.well no one can say that i didnt atleast get something good out of that useless hardware sega swindled onto the market all those years back..

the only thing that made the dreamcast stand out above all that crap hardware was this place(dcemulation.org)

time to buy an xbox(been putting it off) and bid the dc farewell here soon.
Actually all those consoles was superior hardware wise to the competition. Lets see Gamegear was WAY better then the Gameboy. Sega CD allowed much bigger games with better quality sound then the SNES. And the Saturn was built all around better then the PS1. Course you start getting into the games and its a whole other story. Most of the GameGear games was boreing, Sega CD had a lot of those pitiful interactive movies, and Saturn didn't have the 3rd party support the PS1 had.