New emulators

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Jinx
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New emulators

Post by Jinx »

Ya know if people woudn't worry about it and stop talking to these people who "say" they are going to put out emulators. They woudn't get hyped up soo much and people won't be dissapointed when they find out its fake.

I am in no way putting down anybody in here who pre-release information on a new emu. Im pretty sure everybody here knows more about coding and deving than I ever will. And i respect that. I just am sick (and im sure a whole lot of others) of hearing "Guess what the emu's a fake". So Im just trying to say people shouldn't even bring up there plans until they can release a working beta version (like Ganksoft).

I think maybe a solution would be that a person has to send hard evidence (like a beta version) to 007 or the other pros before the info gets leaked.

Then again maybe im just an idiot.
===========
12 Steps short of a program
===========
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I think the problem is people just care too much. I mean, we're not talking life or death here, it's just games.

I'm so sick of seeing people say "Oh, now don't get your hopes up about this Playstation emulator!" WTF? Don't get my hopes up? Like I'm gonna spiral into a pit of hopelessness and despair if it turns out to be fake?

People take this stuff way too seriously. Probably because they watch too much TV, real life doesn't have to be like a teen drama on the WB.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Somehow, I don't think 007 saying he has a beta would convince many people
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

i would believe him, remember, he did test out the divx plug in for gypplay d-:
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

DivX plug?! :o were? :idea:
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

yes I really want him to implement .rm file too if he can .avi is koo too
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Theres no Div X plugin, and I doubt there'll ever be one, let alone an .rm one.

the point of .rm files is you can only play them on REAL Player - and REAL dont want that anyother way. If you want REAL streaming, you have to give REAL money to do it. Thats the way it goes.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

no if you have the codec for it, it will play cause i have eo video AIM: mrowney4mkaos if you have any question
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

yeah, eo video is much better for converting rm to avi/mpg, but it doesnt require you to have a "real codec" or anything, you need real player intalled and it actually converts it by playing it back, and doing a "running" conversion... basically you cant just use some type of codec to play real files on a normal mpeg player or anything, youre still required to convert to a compatable format...
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

Ic thanks dist...