DC Games Must-haves!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Akana
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC Games Must-haves!

Post by Akana »

Which games on the DC do you think are the Must-haves? Like, the top 20 or something. I wanna start a collection, so I'd figure you guys would have the best ideas. Post the games you think are the "Greatest Hits" here! 8)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

These are my top 20 games 8)

1. Jet Grind Radio
2. House Of The Dead 2
3. Marvel Vs Capcom 2
4. Capcom Vs SNK
5. Crazy Taxi 1 + 2
6. Sonic Adventure 1 + 2
7. Resident Evil Code Veronica
8. Bomberman Online
9. Virtua Tennis 1 + 2
10. Phantasy Star Online
11. Shemue 1 + 2
12. MSR
13. Street Fighter Alpha 3
14. Street Fighter 3 3rd Stike
15. Gigawing 2 (I love that game!)
16. Quake 3 Arena
17. Headhunter
18. Sega Rally 2
19. Mr Driller :lol:
20. Sega Marine Fishing
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

These are the games which I would say are "Must Haves"

De la Jet Set Radio - Japanese
Sonic Adventure 2
Capcom vs SNK 2 - Japanese
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Soul Calibur
Giant Gram 2000
Shenmue 2
Virtua Tennis 2
Headhunter
House of the Dead 2
Bangai-o :D
Resident Evil : Code Veronica
Virtual On
NFL Blitz 2000 - Underated
Guilty Gear X
Phantasy Star Online
Garou:Mark of the wolves
Crazy Taxi
Samba de Amigo
Vampire Chronicle
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Ley me add more to the list :)

Dead or Alive 2 (Also thers is a Dead or ALive 2 special Edition in Japan)
Biohazard Code Veronica Complete (Resident Evil Code Veronica X, this did not come out for the US DC)
Tomb Raider 4 The Last Revelation
Power Stone 1 & 2
Spawn In the Demons Hand
Soul Caliber
Super Street Fighter 2 X Grand Master Challenge
Resident Evil 2 & 3
Dino Crisis
Capcom vs SNK 1 & 2 ( There is also 1 Pro)
Star Gldiator 2 (Plasma Sword)
Project Justice (Sequal to Rival Schools)
Tech Romancer
Mars Matrix
Heavy Metal GeoMatrix
Vampire Chronicle
MDK 2
Zombie Revenge
The Last Blade 2
Garou Mark of the Wolves
King of Fighters 98 (This is called Dream Match 1999)
King of Fighters 99 Evolution

The list goes on, and on....

Edit: You beat me to it Kron, I wanted to say some of those :)
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Just addin' some that I didn't see listed earlier...

Daytona
F355 Challenge
Test Drive LeMans
Grandia 2
bo150000
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bo150000 »

NFL2K2...

My friends love it..every weekend my friends come over for an night of drinking and football. It's pretty fun with 4 players on the same team.

I've noticed sports games are not the games of choice around here.
###############################
"I am the Game and I am that damn good."
###############################
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

Don't forget San Fransisco Rush 2049
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

In no particular order

Excellent games:

Crazy Taxi
Virtua Tennis 2
Soul Calibur
DOA2 Limited Edition (Jap/Euro only)
Mr Driller
House of the Dead 2 (with gun)
Shenmue 2
Quake III Arena

Very good games:

Ready 2 Rumble
Confidential Mission (with gun)
Toy Commander
NHL2k
Unreal Tournament
Chu Chu Rocket

I also expect Bomberman Online to be on this list, but as yet I haven't played it.

I know that is only 15 games, but I am sure there are others that I have not played though.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

everyone mentions the popular titles. but here is a list of slightly more obscure titles that you might not have heard of but should check out.

Rez. (JPN) pretty new. i just got it sent from japan this week and i am loving it. its a excellent shooter.

Skies of Arcadia / Grandia II (US/JPN) im actually rather surprised no one has mentioned these two rpgs yet. theyre pretty much the best rpgs on the system, (except for yukyu gensokyoku 3),.

Jet Set Radio (US/JPN) i have to agree with people here. radio is one of the best games on the system.

Napple Tale (JPN) If youre looking for a platformer game, napple take is great. its japanese, but easy enough to go through without any japanese knowledge. excellent game.

Sakura Taisen 3 (JPN) best strategy game out there. throw in a bit of daing sim and you have sakura taisen. graphics rule soundtrack has a oroginal feel to it. and it has erica Fontaine, Glycine Bleumer, and Lobelia!!! but most important it has LOBELIA!! whats there not to like. and you can murk your way through it with no jpn knowledge.

Zero Gunner 2. (JPN) nice game, great graphics. easily playable with no jpn knowledge. Blow stuff up. its not too hard at all.

well those are my picks for greatest games on the dreamcast.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

You all would enjoy the "Dreamcast Survivors Guide". It shipped with an issue of Gamepro awhile back and was very helpful

Peripherals Needed Before the DC demise:

4 controllers
Mouse
Keyboard
2 4x memory cards
VGA box
Broadband adapter
Microphone
The Twenty Games Spoon listed :)

The ONLY problem i had with Spoon's list is that....SEAMAN ISN'T ON IT :evil: :evil: :evil:
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Erm... I can only comment on the games that I actually own and have extensivley played so here's my favourite games for Dreamcast in no particular order...

Soul Calibur (You gotta have this)
Jet Set Radio (My personal most favourite game of all time on any format! And the best version... the European one! Best name, all the features... best soundtrack :D)
Crazy Taxi (2's great as well... but the first game is class!)
Headhunter (as close to an 80's action flick as you'll ever see on any console)
Phantasy Star Online (well... I haven't got the 2nd one since it'd cost me money, but this is defintely cool!)
Metropolis Street Racer (perhaps the best game of all time...)
Power Stone (never seen anything like it! Top stuff!)
Rayman 2 (you can't get a more pure and beuatiful platform game!)
Resident Evil 2 (reeks of coolness!)
Resident Evil: Nemesis (reeks of arcadey class! My favourite RE game!)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica (you've gotta mention this.. haven't You? I would have gotten complete but I allready have the original and all the text would be in Japanese... no thank you!)
Shenmue (Don't rush through this game! It's too good for that! Relax and enjoy! Graphics are awesome... as you all know....)
Shenmue 2 (Hey! It's gotta be at least 6 times bigger than the first one, although I've only "completed" it once, I don't know exactly how much replay value there is...)
Skies of Arcadia (forget Shenmue and Grandia 2, this is the best RPG EVER... that I've played)
Sonic Adventure (Well.. it's Sonic! For a first-generation DC game. this spews class from every orophise!)
Sonic Adventure 2 (It's unadulterated FUN! So fast, so nice, so wonderful to play with... a lot like that girl from last night.... :oops: )
The House of the Dead 2 (like to shoot things? This is the best game that you can do it with! Plenty of replay value, especially for a shooting game)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 (The SECOND BEST game of all time!!! You wont find much better on any system... except for THPS3, perhaps...)
Ultimate Fighting Championship (If you really get to grips, no pun intended with this game you will see more depth than Soul Calibur or any other beat 'em up out there! The presentation is pure televisual class...)
Unreal Tournament (US Version... online play does not get any better than this! Enough said?)
Virtua Tennis If you start playing this at 6pm... you should get bored with it... around....8pm... three days later! Seriously addictive and great when you've got anyone round for the evening... even Granny, though she'll moan about there not being commentators... hmph!)
V-Rally 2: Expert Edition (You can make your own courses! The gameplay is pretty good! 4 player modes!!! It's GREAT (and I got it new for ?10 :D))

Well....... that's what I think anyway....

You're free to disagree with me... but...

... you'd be wrong. :lol:

By the way, I keep my games in alphabetical order. Just so no-one accuses me of just reading a reviews guide...

and I keep them alphabetically so that they're easier to find...

...and because I've got nothing better to do with my time...

... Man! I'm bored!...

....Think I'll make all the names of the games in bold...

... there... that's better...

.... WHOAH! Frasier's about to start...*runs away*...
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

I@N wrote: Excellent games:
DOA2 Limited Edition (Jap/Euro only)
This game came out in Europe??????? (I can't beleive I did not know about this) If it did, is it censored?

Also, did Biohazard Code Veronica Complete come out in Europe? If it did please let me know, it would be the only Biohazard game that I am missing.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

I like all the games listed above too, I think my favorite is Skies of Arcadia, but a couple of other cool games that weren't mentioned are BEZERK:Gut's Rage and Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver (where I live both of these games can be bought for under ten bucks brand new), (does anyone know whether Record of the lodoss war, or that dragon riders of pern game are any fun:?: I was thinking of buying one, any advice on which one would be nice). :roll:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Sorry mate, We were never blessed with Seamans presence in the UK. Tis a shame really as ive heard lots of great stuff about it 8)
Not as good as Samba De Amigo though 8)
Akana
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

I need a big wad of cash!

Post by Akana »

Whoa...like....whoa. Boy, I'm gonna need a ton of cash to buy all of this stuff! I have some games, but not nearly enough money to buy all the stuff you guys put down! And since people here know about Japanese DC games, does anyone know where I can buy Dance Dance Revolution for the DC? I hear it's pretty good...
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Try at Buyrite Games. I used to buy my stuff from them until I joined ebay 8)

Image Image
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

DOA2 didn't come out in the UK! If it did, I wouldn't be here wasting my time at college right now!...

... I'd be home! :D

By the way, what do you mean "was it censored"? There weren't any *naughty* bits in it, where there? :O

(The sad, pathetic Van Lardo runs to the nearest import shop to buy DOA2 Limited Ed.)
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Van_Lardo wrote: DOA2 didn't come out in the UK! If it did, I wouldn't be here wasting my time at college right now!...

... I'd be home! :D
LMAO! :lol:
Van_Lardo wrote: By the way, what do you mean "was it censored"? There weren't any *naughty* bits in it, where there? :O

(The sad, pathetic Van Lardo runs to the nearest import shop to buy DOA2 Limited Ed.)
There are 2 "scenes" in the Japanese version that are not in the USA version. I was wondering if those were there in the PAL version.

The only reason that I can think of why those scenes are not in the American version is maybe because the USA version came out before the Japanese version. But then again.......
Bling_
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling_ »

tony hawk 1 and 2,NHL2k,NCAA2k2,NFL2k2,virtua tennis 1 and 2, spawn, and powerstone..
It's Thinking,
cKy_Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
DAMN RIGHT I'M A SPAMMER!!
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Before I get ambushed by the mob... let me make a correction!

Dead or Alive 2 DID come out for DC in the UK, The Limited Edition didn't!

Although there is a cheat to unlock a hidden scene in the intro, I'm still not sure if this is one of the ones you mean, DeGamer...

There's a naked Kasumi clone being "born"... and you get to see her...well.. naked...

I don't exactly remember how I unlocked it, something to do with setting the age limit above 21 and entering "REALDEMO" into the 1st place on the time attack mode... something like that...

Err... I didn't know it was a naked scene... honest... :?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!