2 coasters trying to burn selfboot dreamsnes

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
cscs
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2 coasters trying to burn selfboot dreamsnes

Post by cscs »

i've got two coasters... not sure what i'm doing wrong.

i haven't used any boot helpers (ie, selfboot buddy) and am just following the instructions on the dcemulation page for nesterdc selfboot burn instructions and on the dreamsnes page.

the first problem that i had was that there was no '1st_read.bin' file as the directions asked for. after some asking around on #dcemu, i was told that i could just use the '1dsnes.sh4' file, which I was told _was_ the 1st_read.bin file for dreamsnes?

so i just used that instead.

the first time, i tried to rename that file to 1st_read.bin, followed all the instructions and got a coaster. the cd wouldn't get recognized or anything. on power-up of the DC, i was just brought to the menu screen where you can play a cd, check the mem card, etc.

on try #2, i just used the 1dsnes.sh4 without renaming. this time, i got a coaster that my DC thought was a music cd. i had burnt about 35mb's of snes roms, so track 1 was the 4 seconds of silence (ok there) and track 2 was 6:40 of nothingness. i'm guessing those were my roms. but it apparently didn't burn as it should've.

i would appreciate if anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong. has anyone else experienced these problems? i dont' want to have to burn 2 separate discs, one for emu and one for roms, as that kind of seems to defeat the purpose (convenience).

does anyone have any suggestions? i would think somebody would have written a little program that makes the iso and everything for you, but i suppose that's asking for too much? perhaps it's not so easy to do. regardless, i'd appreciate some help.

thanks everyone.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

no ones gonna reply, read the past posts then solve your own problem.
Its been a while...
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

you just did...