XMen Total Conversion for Quake....

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
ragb
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

XMen Total Conversion for Quake....

Post by ragb »

Does anyone have a copy of the Xmen Ravages of the Apocalypse Total Conversion program for Quake? A friend of mine and I are interested in working with it to try and get it running with Quake for Dreamcast.

Thanks!
RC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

!

Post by RC »

Somebody get this guy a copy, this sounds cool :D
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I'm sorry, but you'll have to buy it or find it from somewhere else, because its a commercial product.

I happen to have the demo around somewhere, and I remember wanting the full version, but I saw it selling for about $70 (AUS) and that is way to expensive for a Quake mod.

I think this has been discussed before, but they came to the conclusion that it isn't possible, Try posting something about it on the DCQuake forums.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

This should be/have been moved to the QuakeDev forum.

X-Men has been tested before. You can find the demo online if you look hard. (I got it... but forget from where)

The results basicly point to the maps being too large for QuakeDC to handle. If the maps were decompiled, Broke into pieces, then recompiled as seperate maps... then it MIGHT work. But since it is a commercial mod it would be illegal to distribute those 'fixed' maps.

Wasnt a bad mod... (from the demo I played) but could have been better... Deffinatly not worth $70 AU. (Unless your a BIG X-Men and Quake fan... in which case you'll be disappointed after playing it)
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

inst x-men now abandoneware???

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

inst x-men now abandoneware???i think so
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Oops, I didn't realize I didn't move this post earlier

So....

TOPIC MOVED

WOOOSH
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Err, Sub, I moved it to the Quake forum earlier, why'd you move it back to the main forum?
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

I think there is two of these topics going at the mo :)
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Angel-Sephiroth... truth be told there is no such thing as abandonware. Doesnt matter if a company doesn't make, sell, distribute, or otherwise care about an old product (Like the X-Men TC) Their copyright is valid for 75 years from the date the recieved their copyright. That means if someone distributes it without their express written permission it is (in fact) warez.

If for example the company renews the copyright then they have a 75 year extention starting at the date of their renewal. As with the case with the original sonic the hedghog game. Sega renewed their copyright when they used it in the sega smash pack. If sega is around in 74 years and had not yet renewed the copyright they could renew it then and have another 75 years. If they dont renew it... at 75 years their copyright runs out and the game becomes public domain. Then it would be 100% legal to distribute the game. I beleave you could even charge for it and make derivitive works from it.

Know of any 75 year old video games? I thought not.

Abandonwarez is a term used by the warez community to make the distribution of the older (hard to impossible to find in retail) games seem 'ok'. People think... "Oh its abandoned? Nobody will care if I download and enjoy this game. Wont hurt anyone." Same thing with Roms though... we all seem to act like their ok. But they're not. Same rules apply.

You may say... "But what about companys that no longer exist like SNK?" Well most of their rights have been sold off to other companys... like Capcom who got their fighting games. "What about bleem? Their shut down and nobody has bought the rights." you ask... Bleem LLC though out of buisness does still hold the copyrights to their work. If anyone wanted to buy the rights then they would have to contact Bleem!'s lawyers. (and risk having Sony on your back) If someone was to crack bleemcast and start selling it w/o buying the rights they would have Sony and Bleem's lawyers both after them. (sony and bleem working together? hehe) Bleem's lawyers would only be protecting the last thing worth any money for bleem. The copyrights. (Good for 75 years)

Oh yeah... and there are two of these topics... both by ragb.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I was flipping through one of my old issues of PC Gamer a month back, and I saw something about this TC. I am not sure if Ritual Entertainment made it or Xatrix (spelling). I can probably find the company if I can find the issue.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

spam... darn date bug.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
ragb
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ragb »

That is true. There are two of these discussions, both of which I started. The first was asking whether anyone here had made progess 'porting' the game to Dreamcast Quake. The second was (is) me asking if anyone has an actual (legit) copy of the game they'd like to get rid of - by selling it to me; which, last time I checked, was not illegal.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Er... what I ment by there being two... (I guess there's three actually) is that there were/are two of the exact same topic. Complete duplicates.

I asked about it in the staff forum and it was explained that originally it was in the main forum. One of the mods moved it to QuakeDev. Another mod (probibly at almost exactly the same time) moved to the main forum and to QuakeDev again.

This caused there to be the topic and the Moved:topic. Aww well.

Anyway... It is not illegal to resale a copy of X-Men if anyone has a legit copy to sell... Probibly be hard to find anyone with it... expecially someone willing to get rid of it. Ive heard of people finding quake and a mod or two on ebay... thats probibly rare though.

I do think reselling even a original copy of some things in Japan is illegal. I know on my import dreamcast games it has a symbol of a hand with NO RESALE and some japanise writting underneath. Chances are if you find someone with it their not going to be from japan anyway...
darklion
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

XMEN Quake Demo

Post by darklion »

More information about XMEN Quake can be found at the official page :
http://zerogravity.com.au/xmen/

You can get the ~8900K demo from :
ftp://ftp.wizworks.com/pcdemo/xmendemo.exe

If you're interested in the TC then check out the page.

- Dark Lion
twendel316
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by twendel316 »

you can download the FULL version from [Edit- URL removed] which is a respectable abandonware site which has been on TV many times

:lol:
Last edited by twendel316 on Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tw????L??6

mmmmm....tastes like chicken....must be a glitch in the matrix!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Someone edit this... It isnt a direct URL but he's giving Warez Search Advice

[edited... had to edit this too because you quoted it. :P ]
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
twendel316
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by twendel316 »

'3k' (MSN:godfatherergin@hotmail.com) said your mothers gave birth to zombies. That means you Jeeba Jabba, and TheDumbAss :lol:
Tw????L??6

mmmmm....tastes like chicken....must be a glitch in the matrix!
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Like I said... Abandonware is still warez. I know the site you've mentioned has a good reputation. But it is STILL warez.

I could have bought the full version of the X-Men mod (In its box) just a couple weeks ago... it is still being sold. The shop owners with copys for sale still would loose money if everyone warezed it instead of buying it.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

From what I heard the X-Men TC was not all that great, though I have not bothered to download and try the demo myself so I don't know for sure. Anyhow I did pick up another TC called Shrak which I have enjoyed quite a bit, I am not sure if this order form is still legit, so you might want to just try to find a copy on Ebay which is where I got my copy, but if you want to give it a go, here's a URL:

http://www.shrak.com

As for the X-Men Quake issue:

It is still commercial, and therefore any linkz to the FULL version CAN NOT be posted openly in the forums. Besides, if someone is willing to take the chance and send out the cash and try to support someone for a project they did years ago, then more props to them, though being as old as it is, I can only say I REALLY hope you recieve your product. I wonder if they still even have any pressed CD's in stock seeing as the abandoned it and all...
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

It was alright, the patch made it better, you could then play as actual xmen instead of a lame player. I used to have the cd, but then i had to retunr it after i "borrowed" it for over a year. It was made by Wizard Works, they made those deer hunter games