PSO Clans?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

What version?

Total votes: 0
IUG-13
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO Clans?

Post by IUG-13 »

First off, does anyone play PSO anymore? I am thinking of buying it, but only version 1 (yes, I am cheap, if I have to buy the game, I don't want to pay for it over and over again).
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I have ver. 1 (ver. 2 was never released in the UK) so if someone wanted to start a DCEmu clan, I'd be happy to join... as I lost my character to the BSOD (:() I'd have to start again anysways... perhaps anyone who wants 'in' could add <DCEMU> or something to their name, so they're easily spotted?

I wouldn't mind getting back into it again, but last time I played it wasn't much fun - too many people with Game Sharks pretty much ruined it, but hopefully they'll have got bored by now...
aneil069
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

clan

Post by aneil069 »

HELL YEA, lets start a DCemu clan. That would be so SWEET. If anyone is interested my names are
1. Sariah <--- most used
2. Zero S.N.A.K.E. <--- Snake clan
3. ZeRoCoOl <--- oldie but goodie.

i'll make another char. if you ppl want to start a clan. E-mail me if ya wanna clan it out;)
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Okay, I will buy PSOv1 and have my name be <DCEMU>IUG.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

okey doke, my new character will be a big black RaCast (same as me old one :P) called <DCE>Nyarlathotep - possibly with some extra capital letters in there so I don't get a pinkal ID... it doesn't suit me ;)

Now all we have to do is pick a ship and block...
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Well, I never played this game before, so I am of course a newbie at this... But still, no lamers using Gameshark!

Should it be <DCEmu> or <DCEMU> <DCE>?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I dunno, I can't remember offhand what the maximum length for a name is, but I'm guessing "nyarlathotep" would be pretty close to it, so I went for the shortest possible abbreviation...

Oh, btw, when you enter your name, the game assigns you a "Section ID" which is purely dependent on the name you enter, theres some guides to changing it on http://www.gamefaqs.com, its just different section IDs 'find' different equipment, so Im guessing its best to put the <DCE> first to prevent everyone in the clan being all the same section ID...

Nyarlathotep with a correct capitalisation *always* comes up as a Pinkal ID if I remember right (IE I have a big Pink badge on my robot, which kind of ruins the effect...)
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by BobsShadow »

Hey, Look for ShadowofBob on PSO ver. 1. I think we should all agree on a specific ship and block to meet on. I'm kinda lazy and don't want to start a new charchter with <DCE> in his name since I've spent 72 hours on my level 55 Ranger ShadowofBob. We should set specific dates or something where everyone tries to get online at the same time too.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I, er, seem to have lost my reg code when I BSOD'd my char and deleted my PSO save + Guild card (I needed the room for Shenmue)

Does anyone know if I can get a new one from Sega, or do they not give them out because of GSers?

I *wish* I still had my lvl 70 RaCast... had a Heavens Punisher and a Chao Mag and everything... :(
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmm

Post by shawn27199 »

I HAVE BOTH VERSIONS AND go by SHAWNA27199 anyone want a girl in there group? im a very high level and tons of rare weapons and items.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Well, I am just letting everyone know that I am a total newbie at this game. I've never played it, and have no idea how it works. Also, I won't be able to play it until a week from tommorrow, because I am going back up to my college, and the game will be shipped to my home. I won't get it back until I go back home for the weekend again.
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

i would join.

my past charracters -

Steven Segal (made him fat - he kicked ass)
gary coleman (midget had spunk
beetlejuice (another midget - i miss that avatar - )

and of course

Amadeus Zull

i kicked ass with this guy.

outtrigger is so fun online - i just discovered it online - still free iug 2 play online.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Well, I made a new Character called <DCE> Azazel

But I can't get online as I have *seriously* looked everywhere for the little piece of paper with my reg code that came with my copy; if anyone who doesn't play v1 anymore would like to 'donate' their reg code to me, please PM me with it (and be real careful when typing - those o's and 0's look *awfully* similiar) and I'll be very appreciative...
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

u can't just share reg codes like that. just call sega and tell them ur problem. they will assign u a new 1.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

You can't?

Hmmm....

Does anyone know Sega Europes PSO number? The number they give out with PSO's reg code... because the very same piece of paper I lost is the one with the "trouble getting online? Call this number..." contact number...

Why didn't they just put a sticker in the back of the box or something? I mean, c'mon, a crappy little piece of paper with *the most important information about the game* on it...
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

how about names liek this

Zull.dce
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

I'm Registering with just IUG then...

What other games have online play?
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

Count me in. I just unwrapped v.2 today. I stopped playing a few months ago when v.2 got popular beacause there only v.1 cheaters to play with for the most part. My character is Hapsby a big black pinkal RAcast level 100. When and what ship/block. I still need to register v2 and convert. Maybe I'll put it off and just play v1 for a while, and save some $$$. Please don't turn me into a NOL. :D
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I just got this back from SEGA;
Dear customer,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we are afraid that in the case where you loose your PSO
codes, we cannot give you another set.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.
Best regards,

Sega Customer Services
Email: dreamcastservices@soe.sega.co.uk
Internet helpline - 09066 544 544 (premium rate)
All other enquiries - 08456 090 090 (local rate)
http://www.sega-europe.com
So clearly they don't give a toss that a game I paid good money for is now useless to me. And they don't even know how to spell "lose". So if anyone *DOES* have a v1 code for the eurpean version they don't use anymore, please PM me and I'll see if it works...
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

I heard that once a code is entered into a game, the system keeps it and disables the cod from being used ever again.