Please help with SelfBoot Inducer....PLEASE!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MadDoc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Please help with SelfBoot Inducer....PLEASE!

Post by MadDoc »

Ok I'm not a newb to self booting or Dreamcast apps in general [I've made many discs including FrNES, DreamSNES, QuakeDC, DCGenerator etc] but I really can't get SelfBoot Inducer to work. I've re-organised files, re-downloaded files, burnt it using CDRecord, DiscJuggler and Nero....but all to no avail. Everytime I make it and put it in my Dreamcast it makes a wierd sound like it's trying to load it a few times for about 15 seconds then it says theres no disc. Can anyone help or has anyone had the same problem? :?:

I'm so confused and annoyed.... :cry:

Any help is MUCH appreciated.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

well

Post by vicviper74 »

Why dont u try to contact BurnerO. Hes a nice guy he might be able to help.
It worked for me, but i have no technical skills on how it works.Go to consolevision and his section. i think theres a email address for him there
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Conker
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Please help with SelfBoot Inducer....PLEASE!

Post by Conker »

MadDoc wrote: Everytime I make it and put it in my Dreamcast it makes a wierd sound like it's trying to load it a few times for about 15 seconds then it says theres no disc. Can anyone help or has anyone had the same problem? :?:
I had that same problem (not with dream inducer, but with nesterdc...) and later i figured out why. I never closed the last session. Now i always close the last session on the cd and i didnt have any problems since.

When it comes to Dream Inducer i use Nero (DAO format)- since i get an illegal field errror when burning in tao format...
MadDoc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MadDoc »

Thanks guys [I've asked loads of people including BurnerO and they couldn't figure it out]....One thing....

How do I close the second session if I'm using a Nero image?