Do *YOU* Want a free RPG?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dr Wily
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Wily »

Hmm... well, not quite ;)

Seeing as *someone* deleted most of the posts in Off Topic and we need some spam, sorry, off topic posts to get things rolling again I have an offer for anyone whos interested...

Basically, I've been tinkering with <link removed> and am looking for Beta testers (or even just good graphics / sounds / music guys) or people with RPGMaker 2000 experience who can help make it a little - well, I'll be honest better.

If you're interested, just post here; you don't *need* to have any talents, other than wanting to play through my game and let me know if you find any bugs I may have missed - please don't PM / ICQ me, just post here.

If I get *enough* interest (read - any ;) ) I'll post a URL with it to download later this week / early next week and anyone who gives me any help will get a mention in the game.

Before you say "sure, I'll do it" you should probably be aware of a couple of things; I *believe* that even when you 'pack up' your game it doesn't compress *everything* you use, so you may well need to download the RPGMaker 2000 'basic' files and Runtime package - but its not like they're huge or anything, and you might enjoy playing with it yourself...

Also, please note this is a PC game, its not for DC (hence this post being 'off-topic') - but if any coders out there like it and want to port it (if thats even possible) let me know...

Oh yeah - its not a particularly long *OR* difficult RPG; I am but one man, doing this for fun in my free time...

so.... anyone interested?
Last edited by Dr Wily on Thu Nov 29, 2001 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Yeah, it's free, i can't complain :)

Well I'm on the subject of free games though, check out http://www.littlefighter.com for a free 8 player all-for-one/team/side-scrooling beat-em-up all in one, it's fantastic ;)
Jagaadelic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jagaadelic »

Sure,

I'll give your game a try. I may have to try making one myself.
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

y0 nyarlathotep u know ill help :D
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

I've fooled with RPGM2k and I can beta test for you. About all the files not being included, you can choose whether to include them or have them download (or already have) the main set of tiles/chars/etc.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

what now RPGM2K? what explain what is this for [system] i'll test but answer fist ive never heard/remember this
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

RPGM3k is RPG Maker 2000, a program for the PC that allows you to create your own RPG without having to have one bit of coding skills. Once you are done, it will make a Self-Extracting rar (is it rar?) of the game and install it.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

You can get it <link removed>
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

[quote=Katana]
where can you buy this program?????
[/quote]

Its freeware! :D Either click where it says RPGMK2K on my original post, or use the link HH kindly provided...
word of warning: about an hour 'making' translates into about 10 mins game time...

[quote=Spaz-o-matic]
I've fooled with RPGM2k and I can beta test for you. About all the files not being included, you can choose whether to include them or have them download (or already have) the main set of tiles/chars/etc.[/quote]

Yeah, I know thats the *theory* but when I first got it and didn't dl the runtime packages (all the 'basic' graphics and sounds) I couldn't get any of the games I dled to check out what was possible to work - I kept getting a 'runtime files missing' error - thats why I said anyone who wants a go will probably need to get the RTPe package as well...

If anyones interested in its 'origins' I believe it was a JAP only release by ASCII, which some Russian guy translated into English... it has some great features (like .AVI movie playback etc) and is soooo customisable its not funny... my 'game' is pretty basic as I'm spending enough time on the basic story, so depending on how you like your RPGs you might be dissapointed; I'm using the bog standard graphics, music, sound effects and battle systems, so if theres any good musicians / artists out there who'd like to jazz it up a bit for me... hell, theres not even any intro / endings for it... if anyones good at animations who'd like to make me some groovy cut scene .AVIs...

Well, I'll wait till its worthy of a 'pre-release' and post the URL, then you can judge for yourselves :P
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

man i was so hyped up and ready to blow out an epic scaled RPG when i first got that program..

I made one city, a few continents and said f.ck this sh.t
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

dude RPGS are the reason I own systems, i could make an amazzing game! People thought working designs had humor! HA!
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Hmm, Sounds interesting, So you could, with a bit of time. . .Convert some of the old Snes emus. . . . . Sprite rips anybody :)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Count me in, Im game ;)
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Hey could i use chrono trigger sprites? I could make a REAL sequel i could be happy with!
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Hmm, Hope we can use sprite rips as there are loads of cool Snes RPGs that could do with being remade :)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

[quote=Katana]
Hey could i use chrono trigger sprites? I could make a REAL sequel i could be happy with!
[/quote]

Theres all kind of fanboy rips available for it; including plenty of DBZ, Resident Evil, Chrono Trigger, FFVII, Zelda etc

I'm actually trying *not* to 'cash in' on any previous known RPGs, as I'll be honest, most of the fanboy efforts to make chrono trigger sequels etc are really quite poor, from my playing experience... yes I saw some of the games available for download and went "Chrono Crisis: a sequel to Chrono Trigger" - COOL!

And then I actually played it :(

AFAIK (well, at the moment anyway) the only 'rip' I'm using is of a SWAT team member from the RE graphics set - but I'm using him *completely* out of context (I just liked the sprite :P) but I'm vaguely sure that means there'll be all of the Wesker, Jill Valentine (Vincents sister!), Barry Burton, Leon etc included within the game... just not used.

If any of you *DO* want to try and put together an RPG using RPGM2K I'll be more than happy to help you with some of the basics (switches etc) but, well, maybe you'd better play my game and se what my limitations are first :P

You should also be aware - a *HELL* of a lot goes into what in gameplay terms is *VERY* little; you really do need a fair bit of patience, and a pretty good idea of your story 'arcs' before you even make a map...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Hey i need help! I can't Download RTP (Graphics Library) files... and i can't start without them, please any body help!!
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

Ok guys can you please help me. What files do I need to download to get RPGmaker2000 working ? ?
I managed to install it ok and when I try to run it I get runtime files missing??? Where do I get these from?

Not a dumb post but I just cant find those files anywhere
:cry:
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Are they not available at the link I posted above? If not I'll ICQ 'em to you Mr Spoon, and you can pass 'em on to Katana for me...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

hey i found a link that has the file, <link removed>
has the file..... now where do i get Chrono sprites? I made a overworld map...but now its getting tricky