VMU Beginners' Development Tutorial

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Candle_Electric
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Candle_Electric »

Hello, Everyone! I've been working on VMU Development for the past year-and-a-half or so, and have learned by referencing the many awesome resources out there like WaterBear by Walter Tetzner, LibPerspective by Kresna Susila, RainingSquares by Sebastian Mihai, VMU Tetris by Marcus Comstedt, ElysianVMU by Falco Girgis, etc., all of which can now be found in Falco's Ultimate VMU Resource. I've received some feedback requesting for a tutorial, and have started one on GitHub, in an Article Format, to help ease Beginners into developing for the VMU. This is intended as a Guide for the Community, especially for New Members, and I know there are a lot of way more knowledgeable VMU Developers out there than me, so Feedback and Improvements are very much welcome! To start us off for now, there are two lessons, one for Getting Started and one for Drawing A Sprite And Moving It On-Screen With The Directional Buttons. Hopefully, this will help some new Coders enter the fantastic world of VMU Game Development. Thanks for checking it out!

These users thanked the author Candle_Electric for the post (total 4):
|darc|Ian RobinsonBB HoodGyroVorbis