Dreamcast Save Editing

Any discussion of Dreamcast-related things that doesn't belong in the other forums, including discussion of commercial Dreamcast games or emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum. Please feel free to ask for help on a game, make Dreamcast emulator compatibility lists, post your own guides, review Dreamcast games, and post your game saves here as well.
Play2win80
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Dreamcast Save Editing

Post by Play2win80 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Hello! I need some help editing a save for Dreamcast’s Timestalkers- I’m trying to “hack” out some items and unlock other things if possible.

I have the save copied to a hard drive but beyond that, I know very little about programming or hex editing, so I’d be willing to compensate someone if they could help with this.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you in advance for any help!
mrneo240
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Re: Dreamcast Save Editing

Post by mrneo240 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Make a bunch of saves with slightly different stuff. Then compare and narrow down.

Or look up data fuzzing and use that.
Play2win80
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Re: Dreamcast Save Editing

Post by Play2win80 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:04 pm

I appreciate the reply but I probably don’t have a technical skills to pull either of those off. I’d be willing to hire someone to do it though. Also, someone did find some game shark CDX codes in another forum that would be a good starting point