Help with Connecting: Gamecube

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

GoLucky64
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with Connecting: Gamecube

Post by GoLucky64 »

Hi there! I'll try to explain as best as I can, but I'm not very awesome at networking haha! :D

SO. I've been trying to get connected for a while now, and how I'm connecting is as follows:

Gamecube -> Crossover Cable -> Ethernet Port in Computer -> Bridge Connections with Wireless Connection.

I actually for a few days WAS connected, and the part that I can't figure out is that I haven't changed any settings but now I get the "Error 102". So I'm not sure what the problem is! T.T

In the provider option settings in PSO I have
IP Address: My computers ip obtained from 'ipconfig'
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: obtained from 'ipconfig'
Primary DNS: 67.222.144.120

If I have it set to AutoConfig my ip, I don't even get to Error 102 D:

I have my Guildcard registered, and like I said I was connected before and now I can't xD Any help is appreciated! There's 4 of us wanting to join you all online once we just figure out how :D

Thanks in advance!
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Help with Connecting: Gamecube

Post by Kayak »

GoLucky64 wrote:Hi there! I'll try to explain as best as I can, but I'm not very awesome at networking haha! :D

SO. I've been trying to get connected for a while now, and how I'm connecting is as follows:

Gamecube -> Crossover Cable -> Ethernet Port in Computer -> Bridge Connections with Wireless Connection.

I actually for a few days WAS connected, and the part that I can't figure out is that I haven't changed any settings but now I get the "Error 102". So I'm not sure what the problem is! T.T

In the provider option settings in PSO I have
IP Address: My computers ip obtained from 'ipconfig'
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: obtained from 'ipconfig'
Primary DNS: 67.222.144.120

If I have it set to AutoConfig my ip, I don't even get to Error 102 D:

I have my Guildcard registered, and like I said I was connected before and now I can't xD Any help is appreciated! There's 4 of us wanting to join you all online once we just figure out how :D

Thanks in advance!
I used to connect this way, its a huge pain in the ass since its not as stable of a connection as plugging your GC directly into your router via ethernet cable.

The only thing I can suggest since it was working is to re-establish the bridge, and see if your IP address changed, since that happens frequently on a bridged connection
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Is there any way you can just use a super long Ethernet cable to connect the GC directly into your router? If not, you would probably get better results if you bought a $20 wireless router to use as your Wi-Fi hotspot instead of your PC, which would also have the benefit of you not needing to boot your PC every time you wanted to use the GC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

Assigning the same IP address to your gamecube and PC won't work...