Shenmue: The Movie

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Shenmue: The Movie

Post by legit nyck »

mrandyk wrote:Second game shits all over the first one.
not on my side XD, my favorite game (phantasy star online) All versions My second game Shenmue
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

ace wrote:
mankrip wrote:
cube_b3 wrote:you should save [...] it doesn't effect your game score on anything.
Good to know. I hate it when games gives us different endings based on the number of saves or in the amount of time spent. RE is very guilty of this.
Ah I didn't understand why you wouldn't save frequently. I hardly play RE games, so I was unaware of this.
No problem. I am also the kind of guy that reads the same page (and some times even the same paragraph) over and over before advancing to the next when reading books, so it's a kind of a personality trait. I like to memorize and experience every detail as much as possible before advancing, and sometimes that requires playing the same parts over and over. It may be a kind of OCD, but I particularly enjoy doing things this way.

Also, most often I rarely had time to play a single game for a few hours straight. Now I almost have, and when I finish putting my room in order I should be able to play a lot more again. I've still got a number of unbeaten long games that I love, like Ecco: Defender of the Future, and I still want to beat them.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
Been thanked: 0

Post by ace »

mankrip wrote:
ace wrote:
mankrip wrote:
cube_b3 wrote:you should save [...] it doesn't effect your game score on anything.
Good to know. I hate it when games gives us different endings based on the number of saves or in the amount of time spent. RE is very guilty of this.
Ah I didn't understand why you wouldn't save frequently. I hardly play RE games, so I was unaware of this.
No problem. I am also the kind of guy that reads the same page (and some times even the same paragraph) over and over before advancing to the next when reading books, so it's a kind of a personality trait. I like to memorize and experience every detail as much as possible before advancing, and sometimes that requires playing the same parts over and over. It may be a kind of OCD, but I particularly enjoy doing things this way.
Yeh, I've started doing this too. When I was younger, I'd almost skim through books (games, whatever). I loved reading, but I was always rushing to move on to the next one. I realized after re-reading some old favorites of mine how much I missed. Now I also read the same portions over and over, particularly with e-books for some reason.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I'm like Mankrip but the only thing my obsession got me was less fun.

In the process of experiencing eveything and doing it perfectly I ended up not doing anything cause I made it so difficult for myself.

Fortunately there is a Shenmue guide available (that I had printed) which helps you experience every single notebook entry by telling you where to go and when. Unfortunately some of the milestones were really difficult to achieve and I couldn't complete my 3rd play through of the game.

Which is why I never played Shenmue 2 cause I wanted to finish Shenmue 1... in the most perfect way possible.

Gaming Obsessions inhibit gaming pleasure.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I still can't believe how good Shenmue still looks for being 12 years old. Anti-Aliasing goes a long way. And hi res facial textures. Bump-mapping helps too.
Try it in NullDC in widescreen mode at 1080p it is crazy to think it came out in 2000. It looks great.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Doesn't looks better than this right?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Thats 1080p widescreen in Nulldc, so it looks exactly like it only difference would be when you're actually running NullDC it is a little clearer just because it's the actual source and not a video. I think it still looks pretty damn good for a console from 1998-99
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

No way! I thought NullDC worked similar to Bleem and enhanced the graphics.

I've not played Shenmue in a long time but the video quality in this video is so much better than the Shenmue Dojo uploads I figured it had to be enhanced.