My Problem with bcMGS

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My Problem with bcMGS

Post by Yomanman »

Hey there. I haven't experianced any saving bugs as of yet (Haven't played it much since I got it really), but I have noticed a sound problem with audio is played. This doesn't seem to happen with the background music, but more with the dialog audio. One example is the little Konami jingle at the Konami logo screen. Crackling or popping occurs during these sound samples.
I'm currently using the Greatest Hits version of MGS, a US Dreamcast dated December, 1999, and a copy of Bleemcast that I pre-ordered via EBWorld.com. I have bcGT2 and I never had a problem with the program (or just any I could notice). I've also tried the bcMGS disc with a burned copy of MGS I have and I experiance the same problem. Any one else getting similar results?
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

I havn't got the sound problem at all... Whats your DC hgooked up to your TV by, RF cable, SCART lead, what?
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I haven't noticed any sound problems at all with my copy...

but see the other topic I created to see what problems I do have!

But other than that, sound is fine. :)
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Yomanman »

I'm using standard A/V cables hooked up to my TV.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Hmm, I'm not sure on this, but you might want a more advanced hook-up to your TV for shaper picture AND better sound. I reccomend a SCART lead :)
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Yomanman »

I'm gonna move the dreamcast to another tv and see if it happens elsewhere then I'll get back to you on it.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

[quote=Hollywood Hasney]
Hmm, I'm not sure on this, but you might want a more advanced hook-up to your TV for shaper picture AND better sound. I reccomend a SCART lead :)
[/quote]

I'm afraid that won't work.

It is only TVs in Europe (and possibly Japan/Australia) that have SCART sockets. Therefore Americans are unable to take advantage of the higher quality picture that an RGB SCART lead offers.

Also A SCART lead would do nothing to improve the sound, the stereo outputs are exactly the same whether you use AV leads, or SCART.

Alas I have neither MGS, nor the appropriate Bleem software so I cannot be of further assistance.
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Yomanman »

Alright, heres what I've got to report:
I moved the DC to another tv which was a 19 inch with a mono VCR. I hooked up Video/Audio L (Yellow/White) and I experianced no problems. I then replaced the Audio Left with Audio Right and the sound problem popped back up. So I went back to the first tv setup I was using (42 inch Sony Projection Screen TV with a Sony sound system. I hooked the DC up to the Front Video 2 ports for convenience) and I began trying the Konami Intro over and over again but pulling out the Audio plugs in different combinations each time. Well the Audio Right was indeed causing this sound problem. At this point I simply can't tell if this is at fault of the Bleemcast disc, my Dreamcast, or the A/V Cables that I use that came with my DC.
Maybe I'll pick up a used S-Video A/V Cable for my DC at Software Ect. over the weekend...
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

It has been reported that Bleemcast discs override the "stereo/mono" options set in the Dreamcast BIOS. It has to do with the proprietary reverse engineering they did to author their development software. Perhaps this cracking is related to that. Did you set your DC BIOS to mono or stereo?

Schnapple
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Yomanman »

I have the DC BIOS set to Sterio output.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

I have the same problem with Tekken 3. I'm using the original MGS, September 9, 99 DC hooked up to my TV via AV cables which transmit sound output to my stereo. Its not really all that noticeable. I hear it at the selection screen. Sometimes i'll hear it else where.

It sounds like footsteps or crackling.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Perhaps the crackling is due to an unsuccessful attempt to bump up the sampling rate? Or perhaps it's due to the DC's lame sound chip.

Question - has anyone noticed sound problems that didn't play the game extensively on the PSX? I've looked for the sound errors and I've never noticed any - but I never played these games on the PSX.

Schnapple
Yomanman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Yomanman »

I can't really say that I've played MGS on my Playstation extensively. I've only played half the game on my psx, but I don't remember any audio problems.
LordDredd
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

bad sound problems..

Post by LordDredd »

Well, on my copy of mg I have major sound problems.. Im not sure why but on ALL the music in the game there is problems. The majority of them seem like they only work at 50% (i.e some of the notes play but not all.. like in a lot of the music there is some orchestra music as well as what sounds like voices of a choir in the background... and it will do the orchestra but not the choir..) This is evident from the start at the title screen where the music simply puts out a few notes but not the majority.

Anyways does anyone know why this is? Ive checked my cd and it isnt scratched at all... im using s-video plugs.. and Ive tried it on multiple sound systems all producing the same thing....