Gamefaqs poll - Do you still own a Dreamcast?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cid Highwind »

N64 wasn't a flop, it was just overshadowed by Playstation and Sony's marketing. I don't know many N64 owners, however a lot of my friends had a Playstation. N64 had some awesome titles, but the biggest names are Zelda OOT, Mario 64 and Goldeneye. But most of the time they are overlooked because of all that PSX could offer: Gran Turismo, MGS, Final Fantasy, Tony Hawk, just to name a few.

I'm not saying the latter are better games, but they did appeal more to most gamers of age 14-25.

Sometimes I still have the feeling I missed out on a lot of good games by never really showing interest in N64. The only game I've played is Mario 64 and some Mario Kart 64. Both were very enjoyable games and I know from friends the system still has a lot more treasures for me to explore :)
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matisfaction »

Cid Highwind wrote:It was just overshadowed by Playstation and Sony's marketing.
You see, that's the exact reason why most people actually consider it to have been a flop :roll: Which is what I've been getting at. Obviously it wasn't.

The majority of third party support was crap as with most of the Gamecube stuff. Mostly because High prices due to using carts (Some games were between ?50 & ?60 in the UK) and a lot of the third party games for N64 were actually crap.