Looney Toons gets a big and bad makover

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by GyroVorbis »

Was it? I've only seen demos...

*STFUs*

Agreed. Somebody needs to k33l this...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

Well I mean that is personal preference though.

It's not a Mario 64 sequel though, it's a different game. Hrm, sounds kinda hypocritical after what I said about DKR in the other thread :P

Well, I did enjoy the game. It was different that's for sure. And some of the effects and such looked beautiful when I first saw them. Kinda like seeing Ecco on DC for the first time :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

the change from mario 64 to mario sunshine was MUCH different from old school looney toons to this new cartoon. although i have yet to play sunshine, from what ive seen, there is a definite similarity between it and mario 64. this new cartoon has absolutely no resemblence to the older cartoons (well, maybe some small details, but nothing more).
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Vchat20 wrote:the change from mario 64 to mario sunshine was MUCH different from old school looney toons to this new cartoon. although i have yet to play sunshine, from what ive seen, there is a definite similarity between it and mario 64. this new cartoon has absolutely no resemblence to the older cartoons (well, maybe some small details, but nothing more).
So, if what they're saying about the new cartoon is true, all the main characters being represented & retaining the same personalities... is a small detail? I think rather that what they're changing is the small details: visual style & setting. The most important thing about the old Loony Toons is the characters, and I imagine they're going to try & remain faithful to that. (I imagine they'll fail, but not for lack of trying)

There is that one thing they mention almost in passing, which is probably the biggest change they're making: they each have crime-fighting superpowers. :roll:
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i was always under the impression the most important thing about the looney toons were the gags.

this show should have never made it past a pilot episode.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Covar wrote:i was always under the impression the most important thing about the looney toons were the gags.
I didn't mean to disregard that aspect of it. True, but Looney Tunes would have been nothing without the strong central cast of characters. Nearly all the gags were character-based gags.
Covar wrote: this show should have never made it past a pilot episode.
Apparently the response been overwhelmingly positive. Which lends support to my belief that participants in focus groups are not in fact human, but something far... <shudder> I don't even want to think about it.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

greay wrote:
Covar wrote:i was always under the impression the most important thing about the looney toons were the gags.
I didn't mean to disregard that aspect of it. True, but Looney Tunes would have been nothing without the strong central cast of characters. Nearly all the gags were character-based gags.
i guess you're right. especially in the later ones.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

greay wrote:
Covar wrote: this show should have never made it past a pilot episode.
Apparently the response been overwhelmingly positive. Which lends support to my belief that participants in focus groups are not in fact human, but something far... <shudder> I don't even want to think about it.

maybe doped up republican bush?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I'm sad. Very sad. :(
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DesertSessions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DesertSessions »

I feel your pain Lartrak. I feel your pain :cry: *Sings a song from willy wonka* Cheer up charlie.......*singing* :cry:
"Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill." - Groucho Marx