The Ascension Of Vigil

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
RPG
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RPG »

Law56ker: The most up-to-date info is here: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/joaoviss2/TAoV.htm

It's a bit out of date, and I'm working on a .txt file that should be a bit more useful.
<Asaki> Wow! "New Technology - Enlarge Your Manhood With a Patch"
<Friction> Penis_2.0_English.exe.vbs.eml
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

RPG wrote:Law56ker: The most up-to-date info is here: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/joaoviss2/TAoV.htm

It's a bit out of date, and I'm working on a .txt file that should be a bit more useful.
If you want, i would like to update the list. If you think we should, contact me and i'll merge the infos.
T045TBR0T
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by T045TBR0T »

just to let you know: the zod version doesnt seem to work...but its still an early version afaik....
Splash Wave? PAH
It HAS to be
Magical Sound Shower
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

law56ker wrote:Can you guys tell me what tools and tips I need to make a map I think i'd liek to try it.
Ask RPG, he's the mapper around here =P
I personally use WorldCraft 1.6a though ..
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
RPG
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by RPG »

Law56ker: As far as tools are concerned, I use GTKRadiant 1.5. It seems like a lot of people doing Q1 maps (especially coders) use WorldCraft. I dunno where to get WorldCraft, so you'll have to ask someone else for that. GTKRadiant is available here:
http://qeradiant.com/

You can find all the compile tools you'll need here:
http://user.tninet.se/~xir870k
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Multiplayer Cooperative works; although there needs to be some tweaking! Both players can hit each other which deals 1 damage per hit though and you're able to grab each other which can get annoying. Once I get around to doing proper cooperative mode both players will not be able to hit each other at all and can't really interact with each other at all either except for helping each other out against enemies ofcourse.

After MauveBib and I took out all the enemies in all 3 levels we decided to fight each other - it's pretty freaking fun! This is what Battle Mode will be in the end. Watching 2 Vigil's doing acrobats, blocking each others attacks, backflipping everywhere it's pretty amusing to watch.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Cool! We can play two player! This game gets better every day... Ill try that next time Ill have a friend over...
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

Wow two player looks ace! :D
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

It can go up to 16 player in ToChris, and 64 in Darkplaces. I don't recommend it though =P

[Edit]: I've done some multiplayer debugging, castle.bsp is NOT recommended for playing cooperative on, why? Unoptimized lightning! That's why. You know how the whole level flashes in the lightning storm? Well that was done sending 8 messages over a network in a single game frame which is bad! This can cause players to drop out and some crazy lag at the same time. I've fixed it however.

The next version will be fully multiplayer ready.

[2nd Edit]: Cooperative support is finished, only Versus/Deathmatch/Battle Mode is left. Took me about 3 hours to figure out how to implement it properly as TAoV was originally written for single player only in mind. Oh, and the lightning issue has been resolved; I fixed it before but never got around to testing it, now that I have I can safely say ... everything works.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I was bored so I took some screenies with all effects on, TAoV is NOT suppoused to be played like this as it's very dark in certain scenes (especially the castle outside), and the framerate stutters at times even on my Radeon 9800 Pro. Enjoy the eye candy!

[Update]:

Certain monsters are now able to block Vigil's attacks! It's cool to get into a counter attacking match with an enemy. I've witnessed a Hell Knight / Baron block my attack then come at me with their own right after! The higher the difficulty the more often they block also. This increases the game skill level also and it's pretty fun to face monsters that intelligently block, it's also cool to see them block a head smash attack and Vigil bounce right off them! :O

Another cool feature, Vigil is now able to cancel his attacks into a block! This mean blocking is VERY reliable and increases gameplay skill also for the user! Vigil cannot block during certain attacks mostly his powerful ones.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

I think i'll be toying with Vigil's climbing next days. Let you know if i come with anything cool.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

RPG wrote:Law56ker: The most up-to-date info is here: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/joaoviss2/TAoV.htm

Err, i dunno if i can finish it or reach a almost done state, but i've spent my night trying to do a custom .fgd file for TAoV mappers that use WorldCraft.
Saddly i didn't saw Tyne on msn for 2 days or more, hope he's fine.
I think i need some more entities to be added there, and i need to know how to work some others, being trigger_changelevel one of them.
I think i can have every entity available in TAoV in this file and hope it help mappers work for this great mod.

RPG feel free to PM me and get my msn so i can update my list.
Also i would like to announce i'm trying to have a platform intensive level wich i dunno how to connect in Tyne's plot, maybe i just make this the addon for the castle. I lack practise in maping so it will more likely be as castle.bsp, wich Tyne finished for me (i did the structure basicaly).

One more thing, how can i extact Hexen 2 textures for use with TAoV?
I extacted them with maketex.exe into a HTEXTURES.WAD and loaded it in WC, but it hangs when i try to compile.
RPG
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by RPG »

DCmad: I've been really busy lately because I started a new job. Feel free to e-mail me at the address listed in my profile.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

RPG, thanks for your reply, sure i'll mail you when the time come.

BTW...

and
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Makaqu rox-a-lot \o/
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Man those are cool screenshots, I love the way your level is coming along too DCMad, good job. |/|
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Those Maqaku-shots, are they running on DC?
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

Imerion wrote:Those Maqaku-shots, are they running on DC?
Nope. If you check the other post from Fragger, you will see Makaqu is winQuake with all the improvements Fragger planned for NxQuake, which will be for DC when the time comes.
Makaqu is a lot more robust than ToChris, sprite tranparencies, dinamic lights and so on. TAoV looks cool in it.
I hope BlackAura can assembly every aspect from it in NxQuake.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Ah, I get the idea. Thanks for keeping me update...
RPG
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by RPG »

Here's an update from me: Not much progress from me on Map02 lately. My new job has been sucking up a lot of hours, and I've usually had other things I had to do in the evenings. However, things are calming down a bit so I should be able to get back to mapping in the near future.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

And an update from me: New version soonish, lotsa improvements in almost every area and I've rewritten quite a bit of code; anything that was broken in the last version is now fixed and TAoV is practically gold, I say practically because I may still want to add/change things and that may cause more bugs.

I've also done a lot of gameplay changes, spin attack now requires mana for example, the diving swallow attack is more effective and features a cool sound effect / new graphic effect, I also stripped a few frames out of some of Vigil's animations that you will NOT notice but helps low framerate computers/Dreamcast play correctly, I've also added a "level up" and "armor up" sign appear over Vigil with some fancy 2D rotation effects...

There's a lot of other changes and improvements that I'm not going to mention here so you'll have to wait for the release since I don't wanna spoil anything.