Has anybody ever made it to Green Hill Zone on SA2?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Has anybody ever made it to Green Hill Zone on SA2?

Post by mankrip »

skroooagh wrote:I finally got my DC working again, fired up SA2 and... for some reason the game keeps freezing when Shadow fights Sonic after the White Jungle level and I can't get any further. Damn! Savefiles for me, I guess.
Some warez copies have this problem when you set the audio to English, because the videos are in Japanese.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Cid Highwind wrote:I tried to reach it some time ago, of course I started out with the Sonic missions, which are the best. I just can't be arsed to do the tedious Rouge / Knuckles missions. I suppose I'll have to DL a savegame one day, because GHZ seems very nice to me.
There's a DCEvolution release that has VMU tools and an archive of gamesaves. Just burn a copy of that and you're set.

...I think the easiest unlockable I ever got in a game was earning all the characters, etc. in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. You have to buy everything with points, and you earn points by playing the game. You also earn points (though more slowly) for time spent in the training mode...so I just went into training, set the controller down, and left the Dreamcast on for a few days.
Thanks for the headsup, I'll keep it in mind whenever I feel like unlocking it, or when someone else asks me on how to do it.

That kind of unlockables seem to be in more arcade games, Under Defeat, Ikaruga (I think) and F355 Challenge have the same thing. DOA2 also needs you to play for X hours to unlock being able to play with that oversized Pokémon.

Now if only Baldr Force Exe would do the same for those two bonus missions, 40+ hours aren't enough, I have to finish all the story branches. One day I'll get there, I promise. The more I played the game, the better it got, despite not having played it in a year now.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
skroooagh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by skroooagh »

Fragger wrote:
skroooagh wrote:I finally got my DC working again, fired up SA2 and... for some reason the game keeps freezing when Shadow fights Sonic after the White Jungle level and I can't get any further. Damn! Savefiles for me, I guess.
Some warez copies have this problem when you set the audio to English, because the videos are in Japanese.
Well mine's a legit copy so I can't imagine what was going on, the problem seems to have passed. Thanks anyway!

When I was running the VMU Backup Tool app I noticed that the Black Market Chao downloads weren't in there, maybe someone who can access the net with their DC should add them with the other savefiles: http://sonic2.dricas.ne.jp/en/chao/blackmarket.html

Just a suggestion, of course :)
neoknux_009
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by neoknux_009 »

i have. god it took me a hell long time. freakin chao took ages, longer than it took to get like all A's for all 5 missions in the final final levels. best way to do it is to get all the rings in each stage, automatic a.