DCSquares

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bizzle »

c99koder wrote:It's ok, I play a lot of DDR :) As soon as I read that suggestion, I thought of the DDR announcer yelling "THREE-HUNDRED COMBO!!!"
You should go to the GXL 512 (actually 560) person LAN in Millville, New Jersey. They are going to have some DDR tournaments with Stepmania and two Cobalt Flux hardpads.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Sweet, ohhhh and New Jearsy in the HIZZZZOUSE!!!!!
c99koder
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by c99koder »

Awesome, I'll look into it! Have you checked out 8 on the break in Dunneln? They've got DDR Extreme and In The Groove. Also guitar freaks and beatmania, but I suck at both of those.. lol.

When I lived in Newark, I used to play at Rexplex in Elizabeth, but it's too far to drive to now :( They also have DDR Solo Bass Mix at Jersey Gardens, which was a lot of fun too.

I haven't found any machines near where I live now (near princeton), I wish they still had the machine at the Freehold Racewall Mall, but they turned the arcade into a portrait store :(

-Sam
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

If you are intersted in the LAN, http://www.thegxl.com It's coming up really soon. Mostly going to be computer games, but I am sure there will be someone playing DDR the entire weekend.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

Number Six wrote:-Different game modes. One for points (how it is now), and another that only counts squares collected. This would force people (or at least me :wink: ) to play less conservatively and chase down squares they might otherwise ignore.
Another mode suggestion:

-"Combo Challenge!" What I mean is, start the game off like normal, but the goal is to go for the highest combo as the speed increases. And if one gets off screen, instead of the game ending, just have the speed reset and start over, with your high score displayed on screen. If you beat it without losing, the game would display the NEW high score, and so on and so on...until the game ends. The game would only end when, like normal, you touch a red square (or a black piece in "Evil Square" mode). The game could give a code for your highest attained combo before losing.

Have I mentioned I love this game?
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
c99koder
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by c99koder »

Want to show off your high score? Link to the following image:
http://www.c99.org/dc/dcsquares/score_l ... ername=xxx
replace xxx with your username.

http://www.c99.org/dc/dcsquares/score_l ... e=c99koder produces:

Note: because of a "security fix" in phpBB, you can't directly link to the php file inside an img tag :( Does anyone know a way around that? For now, you can save the images and upload them somewhere. A copy of the image will also be displayed on the dcsquares high score page if you're logged in, so you can save it from there too.

Finally, I leave you with a screenshot of the in-game score viewer, which works on PC/Mac, and Dreamcasts with a BBA!

nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

that game is AWESOME! its kinda easy though i got 49588 on my third try. do u have 2 have a bba 2 use this on dc?
c99koder
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by c99koder »

If you want to view / post scores from within the game, yes you will need a BBA or LAN adapter. KOS doesn't support dialup yet. Score passwords will remain on the title screen for users without broadband, or that choose not to submit scores from within the game.

-Sam
nevets934
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by nevets934 »

nvm that time must have been a fluke most of the time i dont get past 25,000