PSO Clans?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

What version?

Total votes: 0
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jordan »

the BSOD didnt erase characters....just everything that wasnt equipped.

You're thinking of the FSOD (frozen screen of death)
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

wich one do you have to pay to play? v.2?
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

Yes. Honestly V.2 is definitely NOT worth $50. The battle mode is lame as hell (theres no skill involved)
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

[quote=SurXes]
wich one do you have to pay to play? v.2?
[/quote]

v.1 is free. v.2 is like $15 for 3 months.

That's pretty f'd up about Sega not giving out replacement serial codes if the customer needs one. What are you supposed to do if your DC dies and you need to play your bought copy of PSO on a different DC?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

[quote=IUG]
I heard that once a code is entered into a game, the system keeps it and disables the cod from being used ever again.
[/quote]

So how does second hand copies work? Or can you not get online with a second hand copy of PSO? This is *seriously* bugging me now... its not like I lost my access code because I was GSing or anything...
Oh yeah, I think you may be right actually Jordan, game froze and I turned power off instead of pulling my modem out of the socket (as I found out *later* you're supposed to do)
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Simple, the second hand ones don't work. You need a brand new PSO to go online. This was supposed to stop piracy, becuase it won't work if you get a warezed copy. In order to get a warezed image made, the DC game needs to be put in a DC that is hooked up to a PC. But as soon as you pop PSO in the "host" DC, it locks itself to that DC, I think.

If I was Sega, I wouldn't give you a code either, what if you were a warezer and just wanted a code to play without paying ever? (Not saying you are into that stuff).
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Yeah, but you can see how I'm pissed, because I lost my memory card file to a bug in released software - a *very* known bug at that - and the most important piece of information about the game was a scrappy piece of paper; I happen to keep my DC games seperately to my game boxes (maybe I'm just a freak that way - but the European boxes aren't exactly 'convenient' to keep around being a double CD case size each) and obviously at some point between regging my game and losing my file that piece of paper got lost... meaning a game I paid ?40 for ($60) is effectively usless to me now.
I know it costs Sega money to run their servers, but its pretty bloody shoddy on their part I must say... I can only assume they're *happy* to have people not using their DCs online any more....
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Double post
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

triple post
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I had the same issue at hand, sort of. I always hit the pawn shops near my university. If there is anything I know, college students are needy. I was able to pick up PSO ver 1, Ready 2 Rumble rd 2, and Test Drive V-Rally for $1 each because they did not have their cases and instructions. The funny thing though is that I got my PSO ver 1 )from an auction I want on Ebay earlier) the same day. I got the code and all, but I have not given it a try yet online. I am having enough fun offline.

However, since I had an extra copy, I thought I would sell it if I could get a code; but when I called Sega, they told me that I am stuck. O well, perhaps I should just sell it as Phantasy Star Offline :)
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

I can get bored with many games after awhile but after 3 months of PSO you can never go back.

Except if you do like me and just go talk trash in the chat rooms. Announcing that you molest toddlers and pretending to be a woman is always fun.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I was wondering if ALI G's char gary coleman was a short force with a green outfit on? I met a guy like that waaaaaaaaaay back. I made a joke about him getting that kidney transplant he needed. :D
Akana
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

I'm in!

Post by Akana »

I'll join the clan thing too, I guess. Puts a little more fun in the game at least...and about that code mishap, yea you're gonna have to buy the game again. My name on PSO is "Akana"(duh!) and I'm a purple force at a low level (ver. 1). I'm ussaully online on weekends... 8)
MrJeff
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Just a little point...

Post by MrJeff »

I got a second hand copy of PSO v1, I rang up directory enquires, asked for Sega and after getting pushed around a couple of offices was asked to read a number off the CD itself, given a new login code, and told to wait 24 hours.. easy as pie :)
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Well, I am yet to get this game up here still, but I will be online Sunday night. Is there a way to make a "ship" for just DCEMUers? One with a login and pass? Or even just a lobby with a login and pass...

...can you tell I've never actually played this game before? :D
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

The ships are set by sega, you can't actually create one yourself. All you need to do is set up a time to meat on specific ship and block and someone will create a team. You can password lock a team so no PK'ers and FSOD'ers join and spoil the game. Only thing is that you can only have four people to a team, I wonder how many of us will show up. Are you all bringing low level characters? If so I'll just create a new one because my only character is level 100.
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

Nah, you cant create lobbies either...Only thing you can create is ...as the Biz said...A team or a Game (same thing, diferent termanology). I had like 4 level 80 characters....

I know that everyone complains about the pkers and all and it ruined the game for everyone....But once you get a gameshark....You gota admit that Pk'ng level 40 guys with rare weps,stealing the weps, and just holding them infront of their face is entertainment for a week...lol its great to see em beg and offer you everything.....lmfao
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

PK'ers never really never bothered me that much. If I lost weapons and mesetas to a PK'er or FSOD, I would just use my gameshark to get them back. The only thing that sucks is when you create weapons they are 0% 0% 0% 0%. One time I tried to use a technique from PSOSC to increase the percents and I couldn't figure it out. Thats why I don't really use the gameshark that much, it's just too complicated and time consuming punching in all those codes. I think it's more fun just to play the game legit. That NOL thing is something else though, that's what made me decide to get v2.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

NOL? FSOD?
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

FSOD = frozen screen of death. Most of the time you lose everything that isn't equipped. It can happen by accident or cheaters can make it happen.

NOL is a new thing where a player actually changes your character to level 5 character named NOL and you lose everything.

I was just playing and got pk'ed by v2 player. I thought that sega actually stopped cheating for the most part in v2, oh well.
Ali G wrote: 7 years from now?

i'll be playing dc games on my pc. i perfer my pc 2 run emus.

so y do i post here then?

heh tough question.