Good night/weekend jobs?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Good night/weekend jobs?

Post by JuddWack »

It's not for me. It's for my dad. He said he needs some more money. Can you guys think of any good night or weekend jobs that will still allow a 56 year old man to keep his dignity in difficult times? I could tell in our conversations he is a bit worried about that.

My dad doesn't have any college degree but has many skills. He is a really good handy man with lots of his own tools and has remodeled every room in our house and the previous one. He knows a lot about computers, including how to assemble them as well as diagnose and fix problems. He also has many years of experience in a supervisory roll for a state run business. He is also cool. He has a lot of interests, has lived an interesting life, loves movies, avid reader, and has a great green thumb.
Thanks guys.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: Good night/weekend jobs?

Post by hearld500 »

I know a guy that is a "handy-man" for elderly people in his church on the weekends. Basically does just about anything that needs to be done for 15/hour.
Might be worth thinking about something like that.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Maybe posting flyers with tear off tabs about helping ppl out with things like that for low hr rates... and you can make it seem like its being done to help out instead of desperation.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Thanks for the idea guys. My dad HATES church. Anywhere else massive groups of old people congregate? Or any other ideas?
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

JuddWack wrote:Thanks for the idea guys. My dad HATES church. Anywhere else massive groups of old people congregate? Or any other ideas?

VFW halls, foriegn legion halls, bowling alleys, pool halls, order of the buffalo halls, masons halls.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Senior citizen center.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

if hes good with construction , i would recommend checking your local film or stage theater community. IF your area has a decent one with bigger productions in or around town, he could prob get some work helping with set construction.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I'd recommend he starts a small repair business.
Although this is in a completely different field, my brother stopped working and began a business. He's been much more successful repairing computers independently then working for any big company.

It's all about being fair, flexible, and spreading the word around.